Insert text inside the fields

Hello Guys!

I´m using the WPMUDEV network theme, I´m making some changes to it, but there´s a modification I´m not getting to be done.

On the home page when user are not logged in, there´s two fields: User and Password.

I want this words to be shown inside the user and password fields, and when the user clicks on it, it get transparent or desappear.

I found the code part, I tried everything, but I´m not PHP developer, so I need some help to get this done.

<div class="username-panel"><?php _e( '', 'network' ) ?>
<input type="text" name="log" id="user_login" class="input" value="<?php echo esc_attr(stripslashes($user_login)); ?>" tabindex="97" size="20"/></div>

<div class="password-panel"><?php _e( '', 'network' ) ?>
<input type="password" name="pwd" id="user_pass" class="input" value="" tabindex="98" size="20"/></div>

Can you guys help me with it?

Thanks

Derek

• Jack Kitterhing

Hi there @Derek

Thank you for your question, could you confirm that this is what you want to achieve,

text inside the user and password field, on click it disappears, correct? If so, I'm afraid that is custom coding and will require PHP and jquery/and/or Javascript, you may want to post a job at the WPMU DEV job board https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/ to see if there's a developer who might want to take this on.
    You also may want to create a feature request for consideration in future versions of the theme.

Let's also see if any other members can come up with a suggestion! :slight_smile:

In the mean time, I'll try and think of a work around.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack (Coding-Monkey).

• aecnu

Greetings Derek,

Thanks for bringing this up, it certainly sounds like a useful customization to the theme.

Unfortunately, it is not currently available - but we would love to put it into consideration for future development

I have moved this ticket to the applicable feature requests area and I have alerted the lead developer to the request.

It might take a bit longer than useful but alternatively, you could see if there's a developer available at wpmu jobs who could get onto it right this minute

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.