Inserting data into Custompress types

Hi,

I have some questions about the suitability of Custompress for a project I am working on.

Basically I want to deliver content straight into my WP db from an external source. Ideally I would like the data to be inserted directly into custom post types and fields. Would this be possible with Custompress fields? If you could explain briefly how Custompress fits in with the ordinary wp tables in the database, for example: does it create its own tables for each post type or just add entries to an existing table?

I was also wondering to extent it would be possible link different post types? The use case would reviews attached to particular post type.

Many thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Michael

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Michael,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

I think I've got some good news for you :slight_smile: The CustomPress plugin is kind of "interface" for custom post types and custom taxonomies, "a builder" you may say. That means all it does it helping you create fully standards-compatible WordPress custom posts/taxonomies.

Here's an official description of Post Types for WordPress:
    https://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Types

Our CustomPress plugin allows you to handle custom post types right from your dashboard instead of adding an additional code to your theme or plugins.

Therefore, everything that can be done with "normal" custom type posts, can be done with CustomPress-created as well.

Ideally I would like the data to be inserted directly into custom post types and fields.

This is not a feature that's built into the CustomPress as CustomPress is designed to create/manage custom post types and custom taxonomies but not to fill them with content. I think this would require some custom coding but again - all the same rules applies as to standard WP posts.

Depending on how this external content is being delivered, you may however consider using our Autoblog plugin a try:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/autoblog/

It's a plugin that's fetching RSS content and then publishing it into your WordPress site. It can publish it using custom post types created with CoursePress.

I hope that helps and if you have any further questions on this, please ask. I'll be glad to assist.

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.