Instagram and Theme images

Hi i am getting a poor score because if image file size served by Instagram on my site and a few theme images is there anything i can do?

Nithin

Hi Daniel Kirk,

Hope you are doing good today.

I checked your website in Google PageSpeed, and I could notice these mentioned images.

I'm afraid, WP Smush Pro doesn't have any control over images that is loaded from other server, or outside the default WordPress Media Library(Media > Library). The plugin can only smush images present in the media library, there isn't any other option, other than replacing it with optimized images which is only possible if your have control over the image source.

Other than these image, there are two images which are loaded within your theme directory. Eg: /wp-content/themes/faxhion/assets/images/logo-dark-badge.png

Since these images are not part of the media library, the plugin cannot compress it. You'll have to manually optimize by downloading these 2 images to your computer, and use a compressing tool( eg: Photoshop) to optimize it, and re-upload it back to the theme folder.

I hope this helps. Please let us know if you still need any further assistance. Have a nice weekend.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin