Install Setup onto Servers...

Hello, we just setup our own Dedicated Server ( fresh re-install) here and would like to start our own hosting services using WordPress. We want to use Most of your plugins that will help us with our business. (Muti-Site, WhiteLabel and ProSite plugins..etc, etc) My question is the following....

1. Is there someone there that can assist me it get all the correct plugin installed correctly? We haven't even installed WordPress onto our servers yet.

I want to make sure everything is installed correctly from the beginning so that your plugins are running error free.

Please help if you can do this for us?

Steve

• Mason

Hiya Steve,

First off, many thanks for joining up with us at WPMU DEV!

Starting a new project or new business is always an exciting time. And particularly when you know you have a particular niche such as WordPress hosting it's good to get started correctly and arm yourself with as much info as possible!

While we don't offer installation services here, you'll find plenty of information on how to get started via our manuals here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/

If you are totally new to this stuff (hosting, server management, etc) then I'd highly recommend having 2 separate environments/servers. One for playing and learning and the other for production or "live" sites. You never want to be playing or learning on a live site and risk taking down a customers site.

And of course if you have any specific questions that come up along the way, we're happy to address those as best we can. Thanks!

• steve_torkos

Hello Mason, thanks for the reply...Yes, i did end up starting off with the manuals and im currently installed wordpress, database , edited wp-confirg.php file and i got the network dashboard to display.

I"m currently reviewing now the plugin themes ie: BuddyPress:..Might hold off on this one for now. I was planing on doing the Pro Sites , Ultimate Branding, Multi-Domains, Domain Mapping and WHMCS MU Provisioning....Anything thats specific for Hosting Clients websites. Can you confirm this is the correct direction to go?

Good idea about having 2 separate environments/servers. How do I go about doing that?
    What are the steps that need to get done? Would it be better on doing this once all my plugin are setup.

FYI - we currently do not host our clients sites know as its with a 3rd party.

Steve

• Mason

Hiya,

Glad to hear you read through that material. You're off to a good start. Are you familiar with WHMCS setups? If so, you may find that sufficient and not require Pro Sites.

A lot here depends on the scope of what you want to provide and who your clients are. Multi-domains is great if you have several top-level domains that you want to provide sub-blogs.

Domain mapping allows individual sub-blogs to have their own domain.

What types of sites are you hosting? do you have a particular niche you're focusing on? Who's your ideal customer? Answering these questions helps decide what functionality you need and then what plugins and themes best suit your service.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything further!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.