Install step n5 - remove the // (bit confused)

Hello,

I am installing this plugin and on installation instructions page, fifth step says that I have to "remove the //" before //define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' );

So, now this is how standard wp-config.php looks (talking about that part):

//define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' );

And it should look like this, yes?

define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' );

---

That's what instruction says but the screenshot mentions the field above "//define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' );". What to do?

AND ONE MORE:

in instructions, there is written only about two main files:

Download the plugin file
Unzip the file into a folder on your hard drive
Upload domain-mapping.php to the /wp-content/mu-plugins folder on your site
Upload sunrise.php to the /wp-content folder on your site
Edit wp-config.php (normally located in the root of your install) and uncomment (remove the //) before the following: //define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' );

these files are "domain-mapping.php" and "sunrise.php", but I want to install this domain fully, included languages folder (to translate it in future).

How to install it? (I have read on "How to install WP MU plugins" page that this domain is one of exceptions, and it isn't directly uploaded in wp-content). So, help me please.

Thanks

Thanks..

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi kshengelia,

For your initial query, you'll simply need to remove the two // characters so the line would be as follows:

As for the /languages/ folder, those should go in the mu-plugins folder where the domain-mapping.php file goes. So you should have the following for the languages folder.
    /wp-content/mu-plugins/language/domainmap.mo
    /wp-content/mu-plugins/language/domainmap.po

And you can rename those according to your language, then translate them from there.

Cheers,
    David

• kshengelia
    • The Incredible Code Injector

P.S. The normal "wp-config.php" doesn't have this line

Does it?

Instructions say that I have to remove "//" before that code but if there isn't that code, I have to add it yes? And if I have to add this code, why will I add it with "//" this?

So, I haven't found "//define( 'SUNRISE', 'on' );" in my wp-config.php and in standard wp-config-sample.php.

• Jonathan
    • The Incredible Code Injector

@kshengelia,

the

was part of the old wordpress mu config file, but after wordpress mu and wordpress single merged code, the above code was removed.

All you have to do is add
    to your current config.php file, preferably

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */
    /** Absolute path to the WordPress directory. */

Cheers,
    Jonathan

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Heya Jonathan, big thanks for that clarification! I actually made the adjustment to the installation page upon first responding to the post here. I then second guessed the adjustment, thinking maybe others still have the sunrise line in their wp-config files and I reverted back to the previous instructions!

I've just gone and made that adjustment again though, so hopefully others will find it easier in the future. Thanks again for mentioning it.

@kshengelia, glad that's working for ya! :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.