Installation of plugin causing site to 404

Hi Guys,

Just installed the latest version of your wiki on a new 3.2 install of WP (installed in a directory called wiki) and when I enable the plugin, it cannot find the wiki/ wordpress install. It instead is directing me to a 404 error on my parent WP install (they share the same domain name).

Looking for a solution :slight_smile: Thanks for your help!

- Scott

• sbernado
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

David,

I guess I spoke too soon. Changing the permalinks did not resolve the issue. I am still getting the same result.

//the plugin was deactivated before while I thought it was still active.

Any other ideas?

Thank you! - Scott

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi sbernado,

Hmm, do you have any active plugins that might be causing a conflict here? Could you maybe try deactivating other plugins to see if that's the case?

Also, could we maybe get a link to the site to see if there's anything we can spot?

Thanks,
    David

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Scott,

Looking at the plugin code I couldn't see any issues to that effect, as the url is always done with get_option('siteurl'), it's not hard-coded per se.

Just to clarify, you have a site in a sub-directory named /wiki/, correct? And that site is inaccessible, routing back to the top-level domain, when the Wiki plugin is activated?

If that's the case, can you access other pages on that other site when Wiki is deactivated?

Is there another page on that other site I could look at to see a couple other things on that site?

Thanks,
    David

• sbernado

Hi David,
    That is correct. I cannot access any pages, including the admin section. Everything gives me the 404 error.

If I delete the plugin from the server, everything returns to normal (I cannot deactivate it since I cannot access the admin menu).

Hope that helps. I am stumped too.

- Scott

• sbernado

It should be, but the plugin is crashing this site for some reason.
    I cannot even access the admin section to set or view the wiki slug. As I said before, this is a brand new install with no other plugins activated. Once the plugin was activated, it immediately returns a 404 error for all admin and front-end pages.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!
    Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.