Installation of the membership plugin

Hi, When I try to install the membership plugin I get the following error: "Plugin could not be activated because it triggered a fatal error."
Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 41943040 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 80 bytes) in /home/jetwifi/public_html/SaigeDevine/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/includes/default.rules.php on line 1534

I have increased my PHP memory to 64mb.

What can I do?

Tony

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there.

You need to increase the memory more.

This happens when PHP does not have enough memory to process the code and data through PHP. Keep in mind that the amount of code being executed along with concurrent loads from users affect this.

You can also double check that the new memory is set by creating a php file (name it anything you wish) and putting this code in:

<?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

Then put it on your site and load it through the browser. You can find the memory in there. I've seen it in the past where changes have been made but it wasn't increasing the memory. You might also like to check that the memory change is recurring through the directories and nothing else is affecting it.

Just incase it's not:

Generally you edit your php.ini file or add your own (depending on setup):

memory_limit = 256M

httaccess:

php_value memory_limit 256M

If your PHP supports then you can edit your wp-config.php file and add the following line:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '96MB');

If you are not sure how or have further issues then it would be best to ask your host to help you out with this one.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.