installed and then got locked out, and now from a different ip am trying to activate plugins and an

installed and then got locked out from my main ip, i need to resolve thatas well. Now from a different ip i am trying to activate plugins and and am getting a internal server error 500 message.

• Ash

Hello Tony

Please try the following code:

<?php
    add_filter( 'ip_lockout_default_whitelist_ip', function ( $ips ) {
        $ip    = 'YOUR IP HERE';
        $ips[] = $ip;

return $ips;
    } );

Set your IP there. You can use this code in your child theme's functions.php if the theme is not changed. Otherwise mu-plugin is the best option. To create a mu-plugin, go to wp-content/mu-plugins folder. If there is no mu-plugins folder then, create one. Now, inside the mu-plugins folder create file with name anything.php (make sure file extension is .php). Now start with a <?php tag and then put the above code.

Now if you still get 500 error, then there might be an error. Would you please enable debug mode and check if there is any error? To enable debug mode please go to wp-config.php and change

define( 'WP_DEBUG', false );

to

define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
    define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

Try activating again. That will create a file called debug.log inside wp-content folder. Open that file, check the very bottom and you will see the latest errors. Please send me those.

Have a nice day!

Cheers,
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.