Installed Snapshot Pro, added a destination, click Run... and nothing happens..

.. I cant see a log to read, to see whats going on... the snapshot folder in uploads is writable, and files are in there.. But no archive..

Any help gratefully received!

Andrew

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey greyworld,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question!

What happens when you create a new snapshot (with the same settings) and select "Run immediate" for "Backup Interval" option: does the page reload and nothing happens?

When you hit "Run now" for an existing snapshot, the snapshot isn't in fact run immediately instead being scheduled to be run after the defined period. That said, it's quite possible that the WP Cron isn't working properly (it's based on website visits so the lower traffic, the less accurate WP Cron is).

Of course, it might be as well the memory issue, so could you please go to your dashboard's

"Snapshot" -> "Settings" page

scroll down a bit and rise the "Memory Limit", let's say", twice? Let me know if it helped!

Regards,
    Adam

• greyworld
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

hi

My answers beneath yours..

What happens when you create a new snapshot (with the same settings) and select "Run immediate" for "Backup Interval" option: does the page reload and nothing happens?

Exactly - no change..

Ive changed my php.ini file to 256M..

; Maximum amount of memory a script may consume (128MB)
    ; http://www.php.net/manual/en/ini.core.php#ini.memory-limit
    memory_limit = 256M

Still no joy..

And I created a new snapshot that would just do the database.. I click "Run now" and the same happens (wait - refresh - nothing)

best wishes

• greyworld

PS Ive installed this on another site - and it works ok.. Same server btw.. Whats interesting is when I run it on the working site, I get a green banner above the snapshot names saying it is scheduled to run.. I dont get this on the site that doesnt work...

• greyworld

PPS - posted in the hope this helps someone else... If i wait a while and refresh the page, under interval it says.. "creating archive.." amongst other things..

So the issues - no banner to say things have started, no clear idea anything is happening.. And because of the way it uses cron, it could take a long while before a manual refresh later will show its moving at all.. Perhaps a better way could be found to at least let the user know its all moving along..

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hey @greyworld,

I hope you're well today!

It's great to know that it finally worked for you and thanks for this valuable explanation. Knowing that, I'm pretty sure it's a WP Cron issue, so switching to a real cron instead might be a solution. However if it works for you now, it won't be necessary :slight_smile:

As for notification messages: I'll pass this idea to the plugin's developer for his consideration. Thanks for mentioning it!

Cheers,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.