Installed W3TC cache which changed the file permissions for wp content, changed to 755 now its broke

Hi there,

I installed W3TC which changed the file permissions of wp content folder to 777. The instructions told to change it back to 755 once installation was complete. I did so using the SSH Terminal. Then I got scared that perhaps I have overdone it and could have potentially exposed the system to hackers etc. So I then changed the wp content to 755. I think this changed everything to 755 and now I am getting this error.

ERROR: The Snapshot destination folder is not writable wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_backupERROR: The Snapshot restore folder is not writable wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_restoreERROR: The Snapshot destination folder is not writable wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_logsERROR: The Snapshot destination folder is not writable wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_logs/_sessionsERROR: The Snapshot locks folder is not writable wp-content/uploads/snapshots/_locks

Apart from this, I am no longer able to delete any plugin as it gives me an error.

Please help in setting the file permissions appropriately.

Kind regards,
Malkiat Singh