Installed WordPress and in the works of creating my site.

Installed WordPress and in the works of creating my site. I need to set my home page with a under construction page. Normally you would rename your page with index or home.html in the root directory. Does this still apply with WordPress? I worked with FrontPage or Dreamweaver in past. New to WordPress world.

• aam
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi reinkedean

You can show whatever page you want to show on the homepage (as long as you have created that page and is available under 'pages' or 'posts') and its not only pretty easy but also you can do it as often as you want as it is also a very quick process.

All you need to make any page/post in wordpress as homepage is do the following:

Go to admin dashboard and click on the 'Settings' tab and click on "Reading' subtab. Then select the 2nd radio-button to select whichever page or post you want to set as your homepage.

Super easy.... what say?

-Aam

• p3ctech
    • Flash Drive

The other option is to build the site under a sub-domain (e.g. if your domain is mydomain.com - use "dev.mydomain.com" for your site under development and put a single page on the main domain name to show "coming soon")
    Then when you are ready, do the production cutover to migrate the wordpress site. InfiniteWP has an awesome clone plugin available to it if you do this often. Otherwise, you can migrate the site manually. Let me know if you need the steps to do this.

P3C Technologies LLC
    http://p3ctech.com

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.