Installed WPMU DEV on client's site

I did some freelance work for a client, and installed WPMU DEV on their Wordpress. I used Fixer theme and Upfront to create a great site, and am now finished with the work for the client. My questions is: do I need to leave WPMU DEV installed on her Wordpress in order for everything to work properly? Or now that the site is complete can I remove WPMU DEV without breaking anything?

Thanks!

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey Richard, Michael here! :slight_smile:

The theme will work just fine without our Dashboard plugin installed, but in order to receive support and updates for the theme, she'll need to have an active subscription with us, and have our Dashboard plugin active on her site (with the plugin being signed into with her WPMU DEV account).

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Manny Costales
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

But if I left the WPMU Dev Plugins installed, the client (or next support team or developer) can install other plugins using my account, and I don't want that!
    Is there a way to block the plugin installation when the project is done and delivered?

• Richard
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks, Michael. I second Manuel's question above, and also have an additional question:
    The client would prefer to be able to change simple things on her own moving forward (like body text or swap out an image). Will this prove to be extra difficult for her if I uninstall WPMU Dev?

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey guys!

Manuel Costales, that's where I mentioned that Richard's client would need her own WPMU DEV account for product updates (or installing new products). I can see where leaving your own account open there would be undesirable. :slight_smile:

You'd log out of our Dashboard plugin:

And afterwards, your client would log in with his own WPMU DEV login details.

The reason I'm advising this is that while you can restrict the access to our Dashboard plugin by having them use a separate admin account, it would also mean that admins who don't have permission can't update our themes/products.

Richard, logging out of our Dashboard plugin (and further more, uninstalling our plugin) would not interfere with her making changes like that. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @mcostales84,

From discussing this with another member of staff, yes, this should be possible, you'd want to turn on the auto-update functionality inside of:

WPMU DEV -> Manage

You'd want to flip the switch for the "Enable automatic updates for the WPMU DEV plugin" option there to enable auto-updates.

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.