Installing and activating your plugins

To whom it may concern,

1. Your support plugin seems to be able to only be network activated. I am using Pro Sites which has different subscriptions, I am using the premium plugin manager addon to select which subscription has which features. I want to offer this plugin to some users but can only do that if it can be site activated.

2. WIth, the support plugin is it possible to create a support tab in the users dashboard?

3. I have installed BuddyPress but not network activated it because it is a pro site feature. However, your dashboard doesn't allow me to install the BuddyPress plugins by WPMU Dev because it does not think I have it installed. How do I get around that?

Kind regards

Peter

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Peter,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your questions!

1. Your support plugin seems to be able to only be network activated. I am using Pro Sites which has different subscriptions, I am using the premium plugin manager addon to select which subscription has which features. I want to offer this plugin to some users but can only do that if it can be site activated.

That's correct. The "Support System" plugin can only be "network activated" and can't be used on "per-site" basis. There's no plans to change it currently so in case you'd like to offer similar features on "per-site" base you may want to give this plugin a try:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/awesome-support/

It's a bit different but it seems to be working well activated "site by site".

2. WIth, the support plugin is it possible to create a support tab in the users dashboard?

You can define which user roles are allowed to open/see tickets/FAQ's. To do this, please go to your site's "Network Admin -> Support -> Settings" page and tick checkboxes for each user role that should be eligible to see tickets.

3. I have installed BuddyPress but not network activated it because it is a pro site feature. However, your dashboard doesn't allow me to install the BuddyPress plugins by WPMU Dev because it does not think I have it installed. How do I get around that?

Those plugins are "add-on" plugins for BuddyPress and they require BuddyPress to be "up and running" on your install. A workaround would be to either temporarily network-enable BuddyPress and then install those plugins and network disable BuddyPress but I think the better way would be to use "Download" button shown by WPMU DEV Dashboard to download these plugins and then install them via "Network Admin -> Plugins -> Add new" page.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.