Installing backup Image Folders onto Cpanel

HI! I was working with Nahid (sp?) on support but for some reason was cut off from the chat so I am hoping he can get this here (he has my cPanel and dropbox info with back-up to help). I am essentially having a hard time figuring out which of the 370+ back-up files are the ones with my uploads to replace the current uploaded images which I destroyed. For some reason my chromebook doesn't have an extension that actually opens the file, so I can't tell what is what as there is little distinction between the numbered names. In addition, once I even FIND the right file, I don't know how to switch my current (bad) uploads folder out and put in my backup. Thanks for the help!

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Elisa,

Hope you're doing well.

I had a quick look at your backup files and the largest zip file does contain the uploads folder but it doesn't look like it's a backup of all of your images, there are only 15 images that are from 2015.

I also checked your WP admin and can see that you have enabled backup of your original images in WP smush.
    This means that you should have backup files saved in your uploads folder.
    Navigate to your uploads via FTP or cPanel and you should see images with .bak in their name, those are the images that were saved before optimization and you can restore those by simply deleting the optimized image with the same name and then remove .bak part from the backup file.

Can you check if this does the trick for you?

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.