Installing defender on a website I will manage

Hello,

I have a new client with malware issue. I will clean the malware and install security plugins, I would like to install defender as well, however she has admin logins and I am not interested in sharing all plugins to her website with my username and password, is there a way to install and activate defender without the wpmudev dashboard? Or install the dashboard but not allow access to plugins?

Also, if I do install the wpmudev dashboard, will she have access to the support and blog?

Thanks!

• Shaun
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I believe if you install the WPMU Dashboard plugin it only works for the Admin account which you installed it on.

There would be nothing stopping that person from resetting your password and gaining access however.

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Fortunella74

Thank you for your question!

As Shaun has mentioned already, only the admin account that install WPMU DEV Dashboard has access to WPMU DEV menu on the dashboard, though they can't reset your WPMU DEV password without having full access to your email that you are using in here.

I think what Shaun means, that the owner of the site can reset your admin password through the database and access to WPMU DEV menu.

As for the Defender plugin, you can directly download the plugin from the plugin's project page

Though the Audit logging feature will not be enabled, this feature requires the WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin.

Let me know if you have any further questions!

Kind regards,

Nastia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.