Installing membership Plugin after having used another membership plugin

I am new here and this is my first visit. I am working on a non profit's site and they having been using Wordpress with a plugin called Register Plus. It doesn't seem to work right anymore and I'd like to use WPMU Membership. I am not sure, will deleting the old plugin make all the old registered people disappear, or would they still be able to register with the new plugin?
I'm sorry, I'm just not sure how to install Membership and Membership Directory with the old icky plugin still hanging around.

Thanks for any help.

• DavidM

Hi kerre and welcome to WPMU DEV!

I'm pretty sure Register Plus merely ties into the registration process and allows you customize the profile fields, no? I recall that's essentially what Register Plus Redux (which appears to have been pulled from the wordpress.org repo) did and I believe that was a revamp of Register Plus.

As such, deactivating and uninstalling that plugin wouldn't affect your existing users, they'd still remain in place. You might lose the created profiles fields though.

In either case though, simply deactivating the plugin shouldn't adversely affect things either. And you could setup Membership and work with those users in Membership > All Members.

Perhaps you could give that a go?

Cheers,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.