Installing Ning to Buddypress plugin

Hello, when I try to install Ning to Buddypress I get the attached error message

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Grace Nasralla

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

Whoops, it sounds like you uploaded Ning to BuddyPress via Plugins > Add New > Upload, but BuddyPress was not active on your site at the time you activated the plugin (that's how I managed to reproduce the error on my test site).

Ning to BuddyPress does require that BuddyPress be already active on the site.

To correct the issue, log into your site via FTP and go to your wp-content/plugins folder. Delete the ning-buddypress-importer folder.

Then clear browser cache & cookies. Activate BuddyPress on your site, and upload the Ning plugin again.

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Grace Nasralla
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello, and thank you for your help on this, You are amazing!! And I really appreciate your assistance in this matter. I followed your instructions and uploaded the plugin straight to the server. I also created a folder in wp-content and called it ning-files. And I went to WP dashboard >>Buddypress and it was there in the subfolder.

Now I tried uploading, and it shows me the fields listing and then the e-mail box when I click upload. So far so good!!

Now when I scroll down and click import it is giving me 0 of 0.. what am I doing wrong here? what are you suggestions?

Again thanks a lot... I think the major obstacle behind now.. its just a matter of working with fields maybe... I will await your suggestions

• Grace Nasralla
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello again, it is giving zero of zero because it is dumping all the records as profile fields. I saw them under profile fields. So it adds the spreadsheet heading labels as fields and then it also adds the users and their records as fields under profile???

Now I deleted all fields and I am back at the very beginning with the Name Field for profile.

Is there a way to get that fixed??

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi Grace,

Thanks for all these details you've provided. Given the nature of the issue, I've just sent a reply to your recent email. Could you have a look and reply there?

Hoping we can get that part sorted for you faster that way!

Thanks,
    David

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.