Installment payments for a course?

Is it possible to add installment payments to a course (a marketpress product?) For instance some amount down, and some amount in intervals?

I can't find mention of this except in some very old threads, so I don't know if this has been dealt with at all.

Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers

Hey there Michelle,

It's not possible in CoursePress itself, but you could do this with Protected Content included.

Protected Content is a membership based plugin, what you could do is set up a recurring subscription to renew weekly, monthly, etc, and for the amount you desire. So lets assume you have a $600 course and you want to let them pay over 6 months, you could set the subscription renew at $100 each month until then. After it completes you could leave access enabled or even expire it.

That should get you what you need:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/protected-content

Hope this helps.

Have a fantastic day! :slight_smile:

• Michelle

Hmmm, I tried it out a little, but it seems rather clunky and possibly unworkable if you have some people who pay for the course up front, and others do recurring payments. It also seems that with recurring payments, the only option is to restrict access afterwards.

Any plans to make installments in MarketPress products? It seems like that might be a solution. I can imagine it's not such an easy problem to solve.

Thanks!

• Timothy Bowers

Hey again.

It also seems that with recurring payments, the only option is to restrict access afterwards.

Nope, you don't need to restrict access. You would have one level for the payment plan, then duplicate one for permanent access. There is an option whilst creating the level for what happens once after that membership ends.

I've seen other members within the community use this method to achieve the the same goal.

Any plans to make installments in MarketPress products? It seems like that might be a solution. I can imagine it's not such an easy problem to solve.

No immediate plans, however, it is a request that comes up every so often. It's definitely possible that it might happen further down the line. If you don't wish to use Protected Content, and you need it quickly then the only other option with our plugins would be custom development:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

Have a great day!

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.