installment payments with MarketPress eCommerce?

I have a course that I am planning on selling for $1997 or three monthly payments of $776.

Can I do this with MarketPress eCommerce? If so where and how?

Thank you,

Ann

• Tyler Postle

Hey Ann,

You are very busy tonight :p

MarketPress support one-time payments only; however, you could do a bit of a workaround and use Protected Content to allow access to the course instead.

Protected Content does allow for recurring subscription based payments, and then you could use it to Protect the course pages until payment is made. It's a bit of a workaround, but it works if you're wanting a subscription based system. Doing this means you have the Course set to "free" though as all payment and everything is handled by Protected Content.

So in order to offer both installments and one-time payments you would need 2 separate memberships. One that is a one-time lump sum payment and the other that is a recurring subscription. You would have the same content protected for both.

Let us know if you have any further questions!

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Ann,

Yes, so you want to make all your courses unpaid, so go to step 6 of the edit course screen and uncheck the "This is a Paid Course" box.

Then here the steps:

Step 1: Install and Activate Protected Content.

Step 2: Create a paid standard or drip feed membership. Drip feed would be if you want to slowly release content over time, so maybe the first course in week 1 then 2nd course in week 4. (for example I am choosing "standard":wink:

Step 3: Setup your payment terms. In this case a recurring subscription with a limit of 3 months so it doesn't over charge them. You can also select what happens after those 3 months. Do they lose access? Do they maintain access? You can set them to drop to any other access level or just lose access altogether.

Step 4: setup your access levels. Go to URL restrictions and enter in: "yourdomain.com/courses/" - this protects all your courses so no one can access them until they purchase the membership.

That's it :slight_smile:

Hope this helps! Some screenshots attached.

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.