Instructions for CustomPress Import/Export

Are there any detailed instructions on how to use the import/export feature in CustomPress?

I'd like to be able to import data into WordPress for the custom post types and taxonomies that I've created. I'd prefer to do this with CSV.

• Patrick

Hi there @Tyler

I hope you're having a great day!

Whoops, that appears to be missing from the usage page, doesn't it?

It's actually quite simple really. The feature is there to make it as easy as possible to export whatever you need for any custom post-types created with CustomPress from one WordPress install, and import it into another.

All you need to do is check whichever post-types you want to export, and click the "Create post-type export" button. Then copy the generated code from the textarea, and paste it into the "Custom types import" field in the destination site.

The process is the same for taxonomies & custom fields. Simply check the ones you want to export, click the button to generate the code, and copy/paste that code in the import field on the destination site.

Note that to enable the import feature on the site you want import stuff into, you must add the following to the wp-config.php file of the destination site:
    define('CT_ALLOW_IMPORT', true);

However, you can most assuredly import/export post-types via CSV with a plugin like:
    http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-ultimate-csv-importer/

Please do let us know if this helps, and don't hesitate to post again if you need more help with this.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.