Instructors are unable to access course settings

Hi there

could you please check, our instructors are unable to access course setting to upload materials for students, since the new update.

• Nastia

Hello Waqas , I trust you are doing well today!

I tested this on my installation and can't replicate the same. The user with instructor privileges can access and edit aa course. Please let me know if the instructors seeing any errors.

Please navigate to CoursePress Pro > Settings > Instructor Capabilities and check the required instructor's capabilities.

If all the needed capabilities are checked, please try to replicate the same issue when all the other plugins are deactivated. If everything is well, activate one plugin at a time to find the one that causes this.

Follow the steps from the flowchart:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

If this is not a conflict with a plugin, please grant access from WPMU DEV > Support so I can have a closer look?

Please see the detailed instructions on the link below:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Let me know how it goes!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Sajid

Hello Waqas,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I am sorry but I am confused here. I see you had another thread where my colleague Predrag helped you but that seems to be different. I also communicated with him and he confirmed that was a different issue.

If that a different thread then please post the link here so I know the background.

So, could you please explain the issue again and let me know where are we right now, in order to further troubleshoot this issue ?

Also, please enable support staff access so I could take a closer look. To grant access go to WPMU DEV -> Support -> Support Access -> Grant Support Access or see this manual for more details regarding how to enable support staff access.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Waqas

Hi Sajid

I am listing all the issues with Coursepro in this thread:

1: please sort out the student login as students can see the same webpage as instructors. screen shot is attached

2: our instructors are unable to access course settings to upload materials, since the new update. i had to temporary create a link for course edit.

3: instructors should only see the units for the course they have been assign to upload materials but should not be able to change course setup and should not be able to change the settings for publish course and publish unit.

4: how to disable the coursepro message regarding MARKETPRESS.

5: please advise how i can disable the following instructor settings:

a: Create new courses (i have to temporary enable this setting otherwise the instructors can not access the course yo update units)

b: prevent instructors to delete any units or course.

• Nastia

Hello Waqas , I hope you are doing well!

1. This was reported as a bug and it is already fixed in the latest version 2.0.2 of the plugin. Would you please confirm that it is fixed from your end?

2. our instructors are unable to access course settings to upload materials, since the new update. i had to temporary create a link for course edit.

I can't replicate it from on my site and on your site. I've created a dummy instructor and was able to edit units from the backend. Would you please test it again? Create a dummy user and assign it to a course as an instructor. Then login as this user and try to edit a unit.

Same goes for the #3, i tested it on your site and instructors can't change the status of a unit.

4: how to disable the coursepro message regarding MARKETPRESS.

This is fixed in the latest 2.0.2 version of CoursePress 2

5: please advise how i can disable the following instructor settings:

a: Create new courses (i have to temporary enable this setting otherwise the instructors can not access the course yo update units)

b: prevent instructors to delete any units or course.

a. I can see the issue on my site, when the "Create new courses" is unchecked from the instructor's capabilities the CoursePress menu from the wp-admin is not showing, although the Instructor can access unit page if he is given the URL link and still can edit courses.

I've reported this to our developers as a bug.

b. I've logged in as instructor to your site and this option is not available. Would you please confirm the same and let me know?

Kind regards,
    Nastia