Integrate Events+ events in Flexslider in homepage

Hi!
I would like to show my events in the homepage slider.
But the category created with Events+ is not linked to the category linked to the slider-posts, even if the name is the same.
How can I show my events on my home page?
Thanks for help!

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there @Riccardo,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

If you want to just output your events on the homepage, you can add this shortcode to your home page

`[eab_archive lookahead=1 weeks=52] :slight_smile:

Which slider are you using? If your slider uses custom post types, we should be able to edit it to call events as well.

Any issues or questions let me know.

Thanks!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Riccardo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Jack.
    Thank you for your fast and precise answer.
    I use Flexslider on the home page, but it is integrated in my theme: Dazzling. So the only option that I have is to select the category for featured post.
    And the category for the events is not displayed in the posts' categories list.

Thanks so much.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Riccardo,

Thank you for sharing the theme.

To display events in place of posts in the slider try editing the following Dazzling theme files.

Edit the following Dazzling theme file on line number 84 :

dazzling/options.php

Before Editing:

$options_categories_obj = get_categories();

After Editing:
    $options_categories_obj = get_categories(array('taxonomy' => 'eab_events_category'));

Edit the following Dazzling theme file on line number 292 :
    dazzling/inc/extras.php

Before Editing:
    $query = new WP_Query( array( 'cat' => $slidecat, 'posts_per_page' => $count ) );

After Editing:

$query = new WP_Query( array( 'post_type' => 'incsub_event', 'tax_query' => array( array( 'taxonomy' => 'eab_events_category', 'terms' => $slidecat ) ), 'posts_per_page' => $count ) );

Best Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Riccardo,

It's working fine on my test site.

Have you made changes in the both options.php and extras.php?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some testing? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hiya @Riccardo,

Hope you're well today! :slight_smile:

I'm afraid the access has expired, could you send me the following please so I can check this for you. :slight_smile:

- In the subject field add "Attn: Jack Kitterhing"
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include admin/network access
    - Include FTP
    - Include any relevant URLS for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Riccardo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Jack.
    Sorry, but I don't find any "I have a different question".
    And I am not sot sure that is a good thing to put the ftp codes in the contact form.

If you want I can share with you a complete Back-up of the site that I have on Dropbox.

Thanks again.

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @Riccardo,

Please try to answer all my questions so that we can get to the bottom of this faster like following.

Have you made changes in the both options.php and extras.php?

The thing that you want to achieve is custom functionality that needs custom coding but developing custom code for custom functionality is beyond the scope of support that we provide.

For developing custom code you can consider hiring a developer from https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

We try to help members to develop custom code if it's not taking too much our time.

Our contact form is secured but if you feel unsecure to send information using it then you can directly send the mail on the email id contact@wpmudev.org including the information in it as described by @Jack Kitterhing in his previous reply.

Thanks,
    Vinod Dalvi

• Riccardo
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Vinod.
    Sorry I was on holidays.
    You are right, it is better for me to contact a developer.
    I understand the scope of your support, but I thought that it would have been interesting for you to get Events+ compatible with Flexslider.
    In any case, I bought Royalslider, and Events+ works fine with that, even if it is not merging with the blog's article category.

Although, I really thank you for your help.

Riccardo

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.