Integrate Membership 2's members and payment with CoursePress course structure

Hello,

I'm going to create an online video course with subscription (every month they pay).

So I want to use Membership 2 to manage my curstomers and to use it's recurring payment feature. So every month my customers are billed automatically.

And I want to use CoursePress Pro to create the course structure and use it's features to create a nice course platform, with required questions to be answered before they can go to next unit and all.

But I can't see how I can integrate both together that way.
In action, I have 2 pages for registration, one of M2 and one of CPP. I want a global page for user registration and login, so they pay by the recurring method of M2 and access the course in CPP.

Can I do that?

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello ryuuu,

I want a global page for user registration and login, so they pay by the recurring method of M2 and access the course in CPP.

You need to protect courses with membership - this way Membership will be handling access to courses with its forms for registration and login. Visitors will see first Membership - and when they will be logged in, CoursePress won't display any registration and login forms.
    In Membership enable add-on "Individual Custom Posts" and then in Protection Rules there will be new tab for Custom Posts where you will be able to protect courses.

Last step is to check if registration and login page links from CoursePress are not showing on any of your menus.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• ryuuu

I got other issues.

I'm having problem seeing the unit content from my course. My course will be in video, so I uploaded everything to youtube, it's unlisted there.

In the first attachment I'm showing that I added a video module, a short answer module and I tried adding the video using <iframe> because I googled this problem and someone said it.

in the second attachment the unit is just empty.. where's the video and the short answer? and btw, sometimes I just can't type anything inside the giant box used to type stuff.. I just can't click inside, I have to close the tab and open it again.

• Nithin

Hey ryuuu,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

in the second attachment the unit is just empty.. where's the video and the short answer? and btw, sometimes I just can't type anything inside the giant box used to type stuff.. I just can't click inside, I have to close the tab and open it again.

Please check whether the modules are un-ticked, maybe that's what's causing this issue. You can find the option when you edit the course, and under Step 2 - Course Details.

To check all the other issues, I'll have to log in to your system, could you please enable support access, so that I could give a closer look, and see what we are missing here.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• ryuuu

Hello Nithin,

since you guys didn't answer I had to create the course using just membership 2. So I deleted the pages I was using for CoursePress Pro and deactivated it.
    I still granted access because I think this needs to be fixed. what's the point of a course plugin that doesn't show the course, right?

I hope this gets fixed so I can use membership 2 and coursepress pro together. You guys should make it really easy to integrate both. I actually thought it was very smooth because it's all from WPMUDEV.

well It IS easy to just protect the pages from the course, but what I mean is that it's not smooth for the customer point of view. Because after they sign up using membership 2, they have to enroll the course, and it's showing "FREE" in that page but they just paid to have access.

Idk maybe I'm just too perfectionist.

Have a nice weekend too man!

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello ryuuu,

Since you removed CoursePress I'm not able to test those issues on your site - can I install it again and test those problems you are facing?

Because after they sign up using membership 2, they have to enroll the course, and it's showing "FREE" in that page but they just paid to have access.

Yes, because course is free and membership is paid - but this info on course can be hidden with this CSS:

.course-cost {display: none;}

You can
    a) add it to the <a target="_blank" href="https://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes
    ">child theme style.css file
    b) use this small plugin https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Rupok

Hi ryuuu,

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having. As you have launched your site already (according to your given timeframe), it's very risky to test on the live site.

However, if you can create a clone of your site and give us access on that cloned site, then we can investigate the issue on that cloned site and try to fix all the issues there. When we are done fixing all the issues, then you can deploy those fixes on your live site. You can clone your site using the Duplicator plugin.

Please let us know if it's possible for you to create a cloned site. If yes, would you mind allowing Support Access so we can have a closer look at this?

To enable support access you can follow this guide here:
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please confirm here when you are done granting Support Access on your cloned site. I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.