Integrate Protected Content with Events+

I'd like to use Events+ in combination with Protected Content (membership would work too but Protected Content seems to be where the active development is).

I'd like the visitor to purchase a ticket to an event with Events+ and then be given access to a post or a category of posts where some interactions will take place. Is there a way to integrate Events+ and Protected Content whereby after signing up they'll be made a member of some protected content.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hi @stevew1000, hope you're doing well this evening! :slight_smile:

At the moment, that would look to take some custom coding to implement, I would personally recommend posting a job for this on our Jobs Board, and having one of our Pros cook up a solution for you:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/wordpress-development/

In the meantime though, I've moved this ticket to the Features & Feedback section for you, so that others here in the community can vote on this feature being considered for a future release (I know I'd like to see this feature be possible!). :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• stevew1000
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks Michael for the quick reply. So is there any kind of work around to make this happen? What would be the simplest approach to bridging the two - is there an api or some relatively simple approach to making this happen - I don't mind code :slight_smile:

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @stevew1000, sorry for the really long delay in reply, somehow this ticket didn't show up on my end. :disappointed:

To address both you & @technodiva here (since you asked :slight_smile: ), in regards to there being a "simple" method for this, I'm not aware of one at the moment, though someone with more of a developer's skillset could probably dig into this further.

The thing we're running into here is the fact that by default, Protected Content basically works like this:

Create account (if user doesn't already have one) -> Purchase subscription -> Get access to content

(there's more technical stuff than that, but it's the basic idea here)

Trying to have Protected Content look to Events+ as a means of determining which content to make available wouldn't be a simple matter (hence the mention of the Jobs Board, as we're getting pretty custom here). Possible, most likely. Simple... err, not really.

However, the more people vote for this feature being included, the more likely something like this would be considered for a future release. :slight_smile:

Hope this answers your question!

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Ash
        • WordPress Hacker

Hello @technodiva

It's better to start your own thread so that the original poster is not bothered with email notifications :slight_smile:

You can use URL Protection add on from Protect Content > Add ons. Then from Protect Content > Protected Content > URL Groups you can set new urls.

Then edit a membership and give or prevent access to those URL groups.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
        Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.