[Integrated Video Tutorials] Gutenberg video please?

Are you making a Gutenberg tutorial video? Once WP 5 is released it will be very good to have that asset already created.

LMK

:slight_smile:

• Tony G
    • Mr. LetsFixTheWorld

Once again, I’m kinda surprised that a core feature is being left to a voting process.

From https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/unbranded-video-tutorials/ :

Teach your clients and users WordPress with our always up-to-date professional video tutorials.

Always up-to-date

We reevaluate each video with every WordPress core update.

So the product is already committed to keeping current, which makes member votes for current content irrelevant. This item should already be on the Dev task list and in progress.

• johnol
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

What is the plan? This hasn’t been updated and WordPress 5.0 rolls out starting today. I’m shocked that WPMUDEV would think this is “optional” as the training videos are supposed to be updated as WordPress core changes. (As mentioned by Tony G above.) WPMUDEV has once again put something on “ignore” that should be front and center.

Dear WPMUDEV – when will this be addressed?

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi johnol,

We have already brought this into our developers attention, and it’s something which we have marked as a feature request down the plugins road map. I do agree, it’s interesting to have training videos on Gutenberg, and can confirm it hasn’t been ignored in any way, but at the moment, I’m afraid, we don’t have an exact ETA on when this would make in the release.

Regards,

Nithin

• Jack Alltrade
    • Just A Community Member

One potential issue with doing Gutenberg Video tutorials at this time is they could easily be outdated frequently as WP works out the Gutenberg bugs, adds new features and changes menu description – all of which have happened to the WordPress core but at a slower pace.

• Drew
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

The rest of the WordPress community has had to invest lots of time and effort trying to work through Gutenberg and I do not think it’s ok to say maybe we will do something when it settles down. We have to work through with our users how to use Gutenberg now and normally we use your tutorials as an ongoing reference so not having anything is less than helpful.

• Ash
      • WordPress Hacker

Hello Drew

I do not think it’s ok to say maybe we will do something when it settles down

Well. it’s not exactly like that. It’s just we already have so much on our plate. The team is currently working on some very important things like Hub 2.0, Shipper, Hosting etc. You can find the roadmap here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/roadmap/

So it’s just getting a bit delayed but it will not be ignored. Due to lots of work going on, we can’t give any ETA though, but they will be taken care of.

We appreciate your patience. Have a nice day!

Cheers,

Ash

• johnol
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Ash The roadmap is quite literally like giving plastic surgery to a CANCER patient…

* The “roadmap” talks about creating new cartoon characters and renaming existing plugins to meet your “superhero theme” (Like we need more of those?)

* It talks about making changes to the user interfaces or changing messages sent to make them less “scary” to average users. (Even better… give us full control over all messages sent by any WPMU Dev plugin instead…:wink:

* It talks about adding features to plugins that are BUGGY at best or that simply cannot compete relative to other plugins offered by 3rd parties. Gravity Forms is better than Forminator. iThemes Security is better than Defender. Snap Shot simply isn’t reliable and rarely works *unless* you are tied to WPMU’s backup environment and even then it isn’t always reliable. All-In-One Migration by Servmask is reliable and bullet-proof. Smush is getting terrible scores in Google and isn’t fully optimizing images or offering modern image formats. Hummingbird can’t hold a candlestick to other speed improving technologies that are far more reliable. (Hummingbird actually slows sites.)… SmartCrawl is poorly coded and causes fields to go missing (documented in a separate ticket.) Yoast doesn’t do this. Neither does SEO Pressor… and CoursePress is a weakling compared with other mature WordPress Class plugins.

***I would rather you folks FREEZE production, fix your freaking bugs, and ensure that your EXISTING OFFERINGS (including Video Tutorials) live up to WPMUDEV’s promises.***

We don’t need cartoons. We don’t need half-baked plugins with a ton of new features that rarely work. We need you folks to pay attention to your promises and ensure your *existing* stuff is bug-free, fully compatible with Multisite, plays well with other 3rd party plugins, and works without challenges.

Your training videos are one of your most useful products to all of us that are managing a MultiSite environment for maintaining multiple clients. It is amazing and ridiculous that you weren’t working in lock-step with Guttenberg development to ensure training videos would be released when it was released… it’s part of why your community pays you… to handle these details so we don’t have to.

You’ve continued to raise your fees year after year… so “Where’s the beef?”

Don’t point to a “roadmap” of all the “other” stuff you are working on… don’t give me bells and whistles… give me rock solid reliability… and make sure your existing stuff is 100% up-to-date.

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi johnol,

Trying to troubleshoot plugin specific issues via tickets, and creating feature request tickets, and suggestions from our members are how we try to improve our plugin. I do understand your frustration, and sorry to hear that there were issues still ongoing.

Would recommend you to follow up regarding the status of any unresolved tickets you have, and we’ll make sure to escalate it further with our developers to see what we could do to improve the existing plugins.

Giving attention to the current feature request, we do understand that the Integrated Video Tutorial plugins importance with the members, and I’m checking with our developer regrading the status of it, and will discuss the possibilities of making this feature in the plugin asap.

Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.