Integrating Event+ with the frontend

I am using Event+ with BuddyPress. Is there a way for users to create Events without entering the Dashboard? Also, unlike Event Manager there appears to be zero menu integration with BuddyPress. I am I missing something?

• faydra_deon

I found this on the "Usage" tab on the following page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/events-plus/

Front-page editing
    To help simplify the event creation process, the Front-page editing add-on lets you include an event editor in your site’s front-end. With it activated, you will notice the Front-page editing box appear, where you can specify which page you would like to use for the editor:

Event - Front-page editing

Select the Front Editor page you want the editor to appear in or select Use default value and the plugin will rely entirely on the shortcode.
    Include the [eab_event_editor] shortcode within any page where you want the front-end editor to appear.
    Only users with the ability to create or edit events will be able to access and use the front-end editor.

• Luís

Hi @Rafael,

I hope had been good today and welcome to the WPMUDEV Community!

Regarding to your questions:

1) You can allow the users to create Events through the front end of your website.

Go to Events -> Settings -> Add-ons and active the Front-page editing add-on;

After that, will be shown a new item in the Settings menu to configure the page used to insert Events.

You can create our own page and add the folllowing shortcode:

[eab_event_editor]

2) Events + have also add-on's to integrate with Buddypress:

2.1) BuddyPress: Activity auto-updates -> Auto-post an activity update when something happens with your;

2.2) BuddyPress: My Events -> Adds an Events tab to your user profiles.

2.3) BuddyPress: Group Events -> Allows you to connect your Events with your BuddyPress groups.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís