Integrating Events +, Marketpress, and Membership2 for payment plan of events

Howdy,
I am wanting to offer payment for an event that would cost a total of $240 in three payments as a payment plan, and I was curious if I could do the following:
-Use Marketpress with Events + (for first payment of $80 with Stripe)
- Use Membership2 for the remaining two payments of $80 the following two months.

1) Would this work?
2) How many extra steps would a customer have to go through to set up the remaining payments? (How do I protect the 2-month $80 payment plan behind the $80 Marketpress product?)

I saw this post as a work-around for a payment plan using Marketpress, just not sure if it would work in conjunction with Events +.
https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/does-marketpress-support-payment-plans

Thanks!
Tim

• TimMorris-Design

Thanks for the response Jude!
    I suppose I am a bit confused.
    Would someone be able to cancel a subscription using Membership2 at any time with Stripe if it was a finite membership anyways (without integrating Events +)?

Also, if I used Marketpress for the payment gateway for Events+, you are saying it would still have to be custom coded to work with Membership2?

Can you suggest an easier way to integrate payment plans into MarketPress + Events +. At some point I would be willing to hire a developer to enable a payment plan for Events+, using Stripe, but do you think that is even doable given the API?

Thanks!
    Tim

• Luís

Hi TimMorris-Design ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Regarding to your questions:

Would someone be able to cancel a subscription using Membership2 at any time with Stripe if it was a finite membership anyways (without integrating Events +)?

From what I know, users can't cancel a subscription in the Stripe Dashboard, Stripe don't have a built-in mechanism for users. However, they can cancel it in their Membership account.

Also, if I used Marketpress for the payment gateway for Events+, you are saying it would still have to be custom coded to work with Membership2?

I think it will not be necessary custom code, the workarounds suggested by my teammate Adam in the topic you mentioned can work, but they are workarounds not perfect solutions.

Can you suggest an easier way to integrate payment plans into MarketPress + Events +. At some point I would be willing to hire a developer to enable a payment plan for Events+, using Stripe, but do you think that is even doable given the API?

If I am not missing something, this will not be possible with MarketPress, because it don't have any gateway to deal with recurring payments or partial payments.

The workarounds with Membership 2 Pro suggested by Adam can work, but is a risk in your case.

I.E . You can set a product as free (Using Events + and MarketPress) and then protect it with a recurring subscription using Membership 2 Pro.

As the users can cancel the subscription, they can cancel after the 1º payment and you will only receive one part of the money. This makes sense?

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís

• Jude

Hey there TimMorris-Design

This should be possible using a snippet like this

$api = ms_api();
    $member = $api->get_current_member();
    ?
    // Check if current user is in certain membership:
    $membership_id = 100; // hardcode the ID.

// OR

$membership_id = $api->get_membership_id( 'events' ); // fetch by membership name.
    if ( $member->has_membership( $membership_id ) ) {
        echo "<sty le> .cancel-button { display : none ; }</sty le>" ;
    }

That said you'd want to double check if Stripes TOS permit this action on client sites where they have recurring subscriptions enabled.

Cheers
    Jude

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.