Integrating Events+ plugin with facebook

Hi

I'm testing Events+ plugin and one of the features that matters to me is the ability to load facebook events automatically to my website..

It seems like I need a Facebook App ID to do this.. But I'm a bit stuck on this point. Does that mean I need to create an App (I'm not a developer)? How exactly should I proceed if I want to be able to load facebook events to my website using Events+ plugin?

Would most appreciate some guidance.

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Yoni,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

You don't need to be a developer to get the Facebook APP ID. Please follow the steps below to register a Facebook APP and get the ID.
    https://developers.facebook.com/docs/apps/register

Once, you have this ID in the settings you will see other options to import events from Facebook.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Yoni
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hi Sajid

That was easy, worked perfectly, thank you for the quick response.

I have two more questions - let me know I should rather post each question on its own thread..

1) how do I actually import facebook events now that I have configured the facebook integration?

2) if I am making a paid event, can I stipulate more than 1 price for the event?

regards

Yoni

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Yoni,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Once you have it configured, than it will automatically check and import new events from Facebook on the interval you set in Events -> Settings -> Facebook Events Import Settings -> Run importer every:

For your second question, I am not sure what you are exactly looking for. But, right now the Events+ plugin does not support multiple prices for one event out of the box.

However, you can use MarketPress plugin to create a variable product with different pricing options.

Yes, its always recommended to start a new thread for each of your question in future.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.