Integrating MarketPress with Affiliates and Directory

Hi,

I'm building an e-commerce site to sell physical products using MarketPress and I'd like to offer an affiliate program (preferably using the Affiliates plugin) which would link referred sales to the affiliate's payout / account.

I also want to have a directory where people can list their businesses, which at first will be free but eventually paid, and could be linked to a user's account for them to manage their listing.

Originally, I had set up the store using a WooCommerce solution (the competition, I know) and when I activated a third-party affiliates plugin as well as WPMUdev's directory plugin things went a little crazy and hard to navigate.

I wanted to know whether I'd be better off installing the directory as a separate WP install or if these plugins will all play nicely together (as I think I've read but would like to confirm). This site is a vanilla WP install and I'm just doing a sanity check before I make a big headache for myself again. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Ingrid

• aecnu

Greetings Ingrid,

Thank you for the presentation of your layout, lets jump right in:

I'm building an e-commerce site to sell physical products using MarketPress and I'd like to offer an affiliate program (preferably using the Affiliates plugin) which would link referred sales to the affiliate's payout / account.

So far so good.

I also want to have a directory where people can list their businesses, which at first will be free but eventually paid, and could be linked to a user's account for them to manage their listing.

Still going strong in the right direction.

Originally, I had set up the store using a WooCommerce solution (the competition, I know) and when I activated a third-party affiliates plugin as well as WPMUdev's directory plugin things went a little crazy and hard to navigate.

This is most likely due to similar custom post types and/or classes and possibly even jQuery or JavaScript issues.

I wanted to know whether I'd be better off installing the directory as a separate WP install or if these plugins will all play nicely together (as I think I've read but would like to confirm).

Indeed they should but for the directory I would make it sub site in a Multi Site install and single site activate it just on the sub site.

That should certainly do the job for you.

Thank you for being a WPMU DEV Community Member and have a GREAT upcoming weekend!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.