Integrating Membership and Site Pro on a Buddy Press Install

A bit lost...

I'm trying to maybe do the impossible based on what I've been able to read in other posts. Basically I have a multisite install using the Edublogs Clean Theme, and bbpress. I'm trying to do two things on one site.

1) Offer several membership levels, all paid (Have used Ning for years), using the Membership plugin.

2) Offer several levels of blog sites to members, and non-members, using the Site Pro plugin, all paid

I'd like to be able to have a checkout page that shows the levels for both, along with a unified payment gateway. I would also like to include at least one level of blog site within my forum membership structure. I suppose I could do that with coupons (give them a code on the Welcome eMail for a complimentary blogsite).

Is this possible? If so, are there any instructions for how to make these two plugins work together?

• Timothy Bowers

Hey eagle1, hope you are well.

I would love a global gateway to manage all plugin checkout, In fact I also suggested it however our lead developer believes the logistics of it all would be incredibly difficult to achieve.

At the moment the level of integration you are looking for would not be possible I'm afraid. You would need to look at hiring a developer.

But before going that far, perhaps we can discuss these ideas further?

How would you envisage this all work? What features would you like to see?

If it were me I like to have a plugin which could interface with all gateways as a central platform, handle coupons, checkout (you could buy products in MarketPress and a membership in... Membership).

Take care.

• eagle1

Hey Timothy. thanks for the response!

I guess a followup question would be can I at least host the two different entities on the same domain (multisite) without creating a payment gateway conflict. I'm afraid I don't understand the workings of either plugin well enough to articulate exactly what I need.

What I want to do is very much the same thing Edublogs have done! I think. Presently I have a membership forum that teaches various topics surrounding online marketing. I wanted to add a blogging capability so my members can do group blogging projects and implement what we're teaching. So I've installed multisite and joined this organization because of the advertising about Membership and Site Pro. It sounded like it would be pretty straight forward to do both. After trying, however, I'm lost. lol! (not so much).

It appears that I can do both, but not together with these plugins. I guess I'd be happy to keep them separated, and perhaps use the primary domain for the multisite blogging and then set the membership site up on a sub-domain. Just means I'd have two sites to manage.

Maybe I answered my own question?

• Timothy Bowers

I guess a followup question would be can I at least host the two different entities on the same domain (multisite) without creating a payment gateway conflict. I'm afraid I don't understand the workings of either plugin well enough to articulate exactly what I need.

Absolutely, you can run both on the same site. :slight_smile:

Think of Pro Sites as your networks keymaster. And think of Membership as a blog level content protector (which can work on all blogs, it could also sell sites as well if needed).

You could have separate sites, but you don't have to. :slight_smile:

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.