Integrating plugins

We need need help integrating specific plugins, such as Membership Pro, Events+, Wiki, integrating Meetup, integrating Yelp reviews and more to build a comprehensive membership (with different membership levels) website on the Jupiter theme while designing pages that are in keeping with the design of the rest of our site. Currently we are working with a group in India that are not doing a satisfactory job.

• TwoGetHerCoaching.com

Hello,

- As we understand it, Appointments+ cannot accommodate more than one client in one time slot... is that correct? If so, we need to either integrate the Appointment calendar with Events+ or utilize Events+ as an booking calendar for individual appointments and group appointments
    - We have 3 memberships and access needs to be limited to their specific membership (essentially treating the memberships as separate businesses)
    - Each member would be given a Wiki page of their own to write their own story
    - We need to be able to integrate Meetup as a portal for events for non-members and possibly members as well
    - We want Yelp reviews to feed through to the website to Testimonials, but be filtered to the appropriate membership; so, if someone wrote a review for the membership Destiny & Purpose, we would want the review to feed into that testimonial section only

• Dimitris

Greetings Twogether Coaching,

I really hope that you're doing well today and don't mind skipping in! :slight_smile:

As we understand it, Appointments+ cannot accommodate more than one client in one time slot... is that correct?

In order to do so, you should create more Service Providers. By doing so you can assign Services in multiple Service Providers so you can handle multiple clients in a time slot.

We have 3 memberships and access needs to be limited to their specific membership (essentially treating the memberships as separate businesses)

I don't know if I understand right. You can indeed create complicated protection rules almost for every aspect of your site and have single or multiple memberships assigned to these.

Please do correct me if there's another catch here! :slight_smile:

Each member would be given a Wiki page of their own to write their own story

To limit a Wiki for a specific user isn't an option right now and would require some custom code. Might not be so difficult though. You can always use our Jobs&Pros section for that as we do not provide custom work.

Right now there're these Wiki Privileges:
    1.Anyone – Regardless of whether they are registered or not. (front end editor)
    2.Network Users – Anyone within your WordPress Multisite installation if enabled (front end editor)
    3.Sites Users – Only people with a role on the given website. (front end editor)
    4.Users who can edit posts – This restricts the permissions to only those with a role which would permit them to edit a normal WordPress post. (front end editor and advanced editor)

And of course you can limit Wikis by a membership level as you'll be using M2.

We need to be able to integrate Meetup as a portal for events for non-members and possibly members as well

There's already an implementation in Events+ considering Meetup.com. This includes:
    1. Import your events.
    2. Import events close to your current location (based on your current physical location as provided through Meetup.com).
    3. Import your Meetup.com topics as categories in Events+
    What should be visible in users can be handled through Membership protection rules.

We want Yelp reviews to feed through to the website to Testimonials, but be filtered to the appropriate membership; so, if someone wrote a review for the membership Destiny & Purpose, we would want the review to feed into that testimonial section only

I can see that Yelp provides a RSS feed so I believe that you can create new Testimonials through Autoblog plugin. I haven't used Yelp though and I can't really tell how this would work. If they can provide you with separate RSS links for different memberships, then you can simply assign different categories or tags in Testimonials.
    And again, if you wish some more control (which requires some custom coding) you can use the API provided by Yelp.

Hope that was some help, feel free to post back if more help is required! :slight_smile:

Kind regards,
    Dimitris

• TwoGetHerCoaching.com

Thank you for your help with these plug-ins. We find ourselves caught in a quandary:

1) WPMU Dev does not presently provide a professional service with developers to do direct development work for clients.
    2) We are amateur Wordpress users. No one at my company to become a professional developer.Not ONE of our past several developers have shown competence much less excellence at refining your plug-ins on our website.

That's a rather long-winded way of saying PLEASE HELP!

We have some very specific questions that may have very fast answers:

1) Why does the WPMU Dev dashboard indicate I have Membership2 Pro but when I go to access it's features I'm told from within my site that I need to upgrade?
    2) What's the fastest, easiest way to set & manage discounts that are associated with different membership levels so that once your are "Category A" member anything you buy automatically gets an "X%" discount?
    3) What is the best way to integrate Appointments+, Events+ and Membership into one seamless product for my clients' use?
    4) How do we improve the admittedly prehistoric quality of text-only emails that Appointments+ sends to me and customers regarding appointments? It's about as poor as poor can be.

I'm a life coach who sells coaching services "women & those who treasure them" worldwide. When completed the website must facilitate at a minimum:

1) Permit clients to book one-on-one appointments up to months in advance.
    2) Permit multiple clients that may or may not know each other yet to reserve the same slot of time for a group-coaching session.

Ultimately the system should be able to allow us to:

1) Book smaller marketing events: 10 - 35 people
    2) Book larger events & seminars: 100 - 500 people
    3) Use CoursePress to teach coaching courses using psychology reference materials from the best sources possible.
    4) Will include booking meetings at a variety of locations around the world: New York, Paris, London, Berlin, Stockholm, etc. Basically anywhere I want to live for 3-4 months at a time to meet face-to-face with clients at $500/hour.

APPOINTMENTS+

I desire to use Appointment+ to let clients book time for conversations via Skype or phone at times that meet our mutual schedules.

Depending upon which membership a client has they will automatically receive a discount on the "retail" pricing for the service.

There are four basic membership types:

1) Retail (No discount off services, no membership cost.)
    2) Basic ($250 for a 20% discount off services during the initial six weeks; during weeks 7-12 it will transition to a 10% discount automatically.)
    3) Advanced ($500 for a 30% discount off services during the initial six weeks; during weeks 7-12 it will transition to a 15% discount automatically.
    4) Mastery ($1,000 for clients receive a 50% discount off services during the initial six weeks; during weeks 7-12 it will transition to a 25% discount automatically.)

Some services will focus on small groups of 2-6 people, NOT individuals. Appointments+ doesn't permit multiple people to book for the same time slot.

For this reason we will be forced to use duplicative "Service Providers". This process is very cumbersome. Please consider fixing it or propose an alternative. If you could fix it immediately to permit multiple people to book for the same time slot that would be… Superb. It's going to happen sooner or later… why not right now?

Just one of your competitors offers something that’s fast & efficient:

stroheimdesign.com/frontend-calendar-demo/

In the meantime:

Assuming ALL services are DUMMY providers (just me) for a given time slot:

1) How do I permit this time to be taken by either 1 individual or 3 people in a group and have everyone see my time is booked?
    2) How do I get the system to automatically REMOVE my availability from GROUP ACTIVITIES if that time has been taken by an INDIVIDUAL or vice versa? The only way I can think of how to do it is to make sure that no INDIVIDUAL service providers ever have the same work hours as GROUP service providers.
    3) Assuming I have 1 person who has reserved a SERVICE PROVIDER as what I call “Participant #1”, how when they view the dropdown of service providers can this one no longer appear?
    4) How can I force the system to put the SERVICE PROVIDERS in numerical order?
    5) How do I remove “No Preference” from this list?

Here’s a visual example of what I have at present for situations where I want to offer a block of time to both group OR individuals: http://www.twogethercoaching.com/appointments/

Here are some examples of my real-life service dilemmas that I must solve.

SITUATION A: Here’s a visual example of what I have at present for situations where I only want to offer my time to GROUPS. But the catch is that I don’t want to MIX group types. They should not see each others’ services.

Note: this has “service providers” from all three of my “Niches”. THESE ARE ENTIRELY different Services Groups that SHOULD NOT overlap.

1) Pairs Matrix is for women seeking to learn to “Mate, Date & Relate” with men better.
    2) Mindfulness and “Destiny Participant #1-3” are for clients interested in a service category I call “Destiny & Purpose.
    3) “Daughters Group Participants #1-3” are for clients who are Members in my Daughters & Parenting service category.

SITUATION B: Here’s a situation where I only want to offer my time on an INDIVIDUAL basis. One-on-one.

1) How do I get the system to automatically revert to “INDIVIDUAL” and hide any reference to Service Provider?
    2) How do I get the system to automatically revert to JUST ONE SERVICE and automatically show the next available time I have open for that service?

A “Fun Free Consult” is always required before ANY coaching services are available because I’m very selective on who I take as clients. So it is worthless to show them services they can’t access.

SITUATION C: Here’s a visual example of what I have at present for situations where I want to offer a block of time to both group OR individuals. It should be first come, first served reserving my time. But I want control over this. Individuals pay more that ONE group member but less than a full group of 3 people.

So ideally I want the system to be able to hold the slot of time open as “Pending” until either:

1) An individual has taken the slot or
    2) 3 people have formed a group to occupy the spot.

Assume an individual will pay $175 per hour but Group Members will pay $75. 3 x $75 = $225. My time would be better spent providing service to the group.

The system should give the user FEEDBACK and give them OPTIONS. If they are trying to assemble a group it should say some thing like:

“You’re the first one to reserve [THIS SERVICE] at [THIS TIME]. Congratulations! Your reservation is PENDING availability getting [X] more people joining in. So go grab [X] more friends (# needed - their commitment].

Please note that [THIS SAME GROUP SERVICE] already has [#CUSTOMERS] interested at [LIST OF OTHER TIMES & DATES] and [# OF CUSTOMERS COMMITTED].

Or you could consider taking [THESE ALTERNATE GROUP SERVICES] with others pre-committed for [LIST OF OTHER SERVICES WITH PRE-COMMITMENTS] pending approval at [LIST OF OTHER TIMES & DATES]”

EVENTS+

We will be forced to use Events+ for larger groups because the workaround with multiple service providers is not working for groups of say… for example 500 people for a speaking engagement.

I emphasize "forced to use" because from what I’ve experienced thus far, the user interface with Events+ is not at all sophisticated or attractive when compared to Meetup.com or other programs such as Evite.com. Integration of these websites via API codes are very important for us to reach our operational objectives; can you explain to us how to integrate?:

Meetup.com: Event planning and transfer to-from the site of feedback/testimonials.

Yelp.com: Social media and transfer to-from the site of feedback/testimonials.

– Events+: When we ran the WPMU Dev. P3 performance test it showed Events+ was causing huge runtime delays.

MEMBERSHIP

>>> What is the most efficient way to set up and manage discounts that I wish to provide to members having different membership levels?

>>> Where is this done in the Wordpress setting?

As detailed above, I offer membership plans where they pre-pay for a defined coaching period in order to get significant discounts on all coaching services.

– We are creating a pricing schema using the plugin Go-pricing.com that is quite sophisticated. We wish to link this pricing front-end as intricately as possible to the membership back and using short code or other methods.

>>> How do we integrate short-codes from Membership+ and Appointments+ into our site?

We sense they are important but have no clue how to use them properly. If you could provide us some URL links or even better ... access our site and show us by example how to use them that would be much appreciated. ????????

WIKI PLUGIN

We received the following feedback previously from WPMU Dev.

“Right now there're these Wiki Privileges:

1) Anyone – Regardless of whether they are registered or not. (front end editor)
    2) Network Users – Anyone within your WordPress Multisite installation if enabled (front end editor)
    3) Sites Users – Only people with a role on the given website. (front end editor)
    4) Users who can edit posts – This restricts the permissions to only those with a role which would permit them to edit a normal WordPress post. (front end editor and advanced editor)

And of course you can limit Wikis by a membership level as you'll be using M2.”

– Query re: Wiki’s. Can we use Wiki to create the following scenario:

1) The Smith family shares a Smith Membership they can buy & set up
    2) Members of the Smith family are given access to this Smith membership area
    3) Anyone within the Smith family can start a Wiki page about a topic
    4) The person who WROTE the page/post has control over how the comments are presented.
    5) Anyone within the Smith family can make contributions to any post or page within the Smith membership BUT NOT general rights of access or editorial rights to ALL Wiki pages.

===============================

These last comments concern whether several of your plugins are even workable with Wordpress. After working closely with Bluehost they deactivated:

>> Appointments+

>> Wiki

They were causing streams of errors in the error logs. When they were removed the problems went away.

Thanks very much for your help. We're hoping to make this work out but will need your help if we are to renew our license for $588 in September. If the plugins simply will not work then there's no need to buy-in for another year, right?

George Roese
    Relationship & Life Coach
    TwogetherCoaching.com
    coacoachgeorge@twogethercoaching.com

• Predrag Dubajic

Hi Twogether Coaching,

There are quite a few questions above so I'll do my best to followup with everything and hopefully I will not miss any for you :slight_smile:

Thank you for your help with these plug-ins. We find ourselves caught in a quandary:

1) WPMU Dev does not presently provide a professional service with developers to do direct development work for clients.
    2) We are amateur Wordpress users. No one at my company to become a professional developer.Not ONE of our past several developers have shown competence much less excellence at refining your plug-ins on our website.

That's a rather long-winded way of saying PLEASE HELP!

We do tend to help with any WP questions we can but there are some that take too much time to resolve due to complex custom coding and that unfortunately goes beyond scope of support we can offer here as we don't have enough manpower to help on all such questions.
    That's why we have Jobs board as Dimitris mentioned above where users can hire a developer for such tasks.

1) Why does the WPMU Dev dashboard indicate I have Membership2 Pro but when I go to access it's features I'm told from within my site that I need to upgrade?

Two of your sites do indeed show that version 4.x is installed which is free version from wp.org repository, this can happen if you performed plugin update while both M2 and WPMU DEV Dashboard were deactivated and plugin checks for wp.org for version number.
    You can simply delete the plugin and install it again directly from WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin and you will have Pro version after that, your settings will still be there as well as those are saved in database.

2) What's the fastest, easiest way to set & manage discounts that are associated with different membership levels so that once your are "Category A" member anything you buy automatically gets an "X%" discount?

There's no such option directly but there are similar workarounds you could try out.
    First one would be Coupons add-on, you can make it applicable for all your memberships and then include coupon code in email for users that register for Category A.
    Other way would be by activating Pro-Rating add-on, if user is registered for Category A it will reduce price of Category B by the price of Category A.

3) What is the best way to integrate Appointments+, Events+ and Membership into one seamless product for my clients' use?

This depends on what exactly you want to do, answering your other questions below should take care of this part I think :slight_smile:

4) How do we improve the admittedly prehistoric quality of text-only emails that Appointments+ sends to me and customers regarding appointments? It's about as poor as poor can be.

In Appointments > Settings > Add-ons you can enable "Allow HTML emails" add-on that will allow you to use HTML code inside emails and customize it to your liking.

I'm a life coach who sells coaching services "women & those who treasure them" worldwide. When completed the website must facilitate at a minimum:
    1) Permit clients to book one-on-one appointments up to months in advance.

This is what A+ does, in Appointments > Settings > General you will see "Appointments upper limit " option that determines how many days in advance user can book an appointment.

2) Permit multiple clients that may or may not know each other yet to reserve the same slot of time for a group-coaching session.

You will need to have multiple providers in order to book multiple spots for each appointment as A+ was more intended to be used as one-on-one appointment solution.
    You can use dummy providers in order to forward all emails only to one main account for your service provider.

Ultimately the system should be able to allow us to:
    1) Book smaller marketing events: 10 - 35 people
    2) Book larger events & seminars: 100 - 500 people

For this you will be better of using Events+, in Events > Settings > Add-ons you can enable "Limited capacity Events" so you can set max number of attendees for event.

3) Use CoursePress to teach coaching courses using psychology reference materials from the best sources possible.

CoursePress can do this for you, again, it depends on all the options you are having to have inside the course but CP supports text, videos, single and multi-choice answers, file upload and more so it should be enough for your setup.

4) Will include booking meetings at a variety of locations around the world: New York, Paris, London, Berlin, Stockholm, etc. Basically anywhere I want to live for 3-4 months at a time to meet face-to-face with clients at $500/hour.

Both A+ and E+ have an option to set location so it really depends on your choosing here and which one you like more, perhaps A+ would be better since it's one-on-one appointment.

APPOINTMENTS+
    I desire to use Appointment+ to let clients book time for conversations via Skype or phone at times that meet our mutual schedules.

Unfortunately this is not currently possible and it would require custom development to make such kind of integration.
    You can book appointment yourself from the backend during the call and set it to that user, if he already has an account that is.

Depending upon which membership a client has they will automatically receive a discount on the "retail" pricing for the service.

There are four basic membership types:

1) Retail (No discount off services, no membership cost.)
    2) Basic ($250 for a 20% discount off services during the initial six weeks; during weeks 7-12 it will transition to a 10% discount automatically.)
    3) Advanced ($500 for a 30% discount off services during the initial six weeks; during weeks 7-12 it will transition to a 15% discount automatically.
    4) Mastery ($1,000 for clients receive a 50% discount off services during the initial six weeks; during weeks 7-12 it will transition to a 25% discount automatically.)

Unfortunately this will not be possible since there's no option to discount services based on the membership.
    Only workaround I see here is creating different priced appointments and different pages for them that you will protect with memberships.
    Let's take Basic as an example here, you'll need to have Basic membership and Basic-Fallback membership, set Basic to have 6 week duration and set Basic-Fallback as fallback membership.
    Now have one Appointment page with calendar for appointment with 20% discounted price and another page with calendar for another service that will have 10% discounted price.

Allow Basic to have access to first page and Basic-Fallback to have access to second one.

Some services will focus on small groups of 2-6 people, NOT individuals. Appointments+ doesn't permit multiple people to book for the same time slot.

For this reason we will be forced to use duplicative "Service Providers". This process is very cumbersome. Please consider fixing it or propose an alternative. If you could fix it immediately to permit multiple people to book for the same time slot that would be… Superb. It's going to happen sooner or later… why not right now?

Just one of your competitors offers something that’s fast & efficient:

This would be only way for now, and we currently don't have any info on when this changes will be implemented and there are currently other tasks for our developers taking priority over this.

Assuming ALL services are DUMMY providers (just me) for a given time slot:

1) How do I permit this time to be taken by either 1 individual or 3 people in a group and have everyone see my time is booked?

I'm not sure what do you mean by this, if you want to prevent booking of same time slot for different service you can use locations add-on from A+

2) How do I get the system to automatically REMOVE my availability from GROUP ACTIVITIES if that time has been taken by an INDIVIDUAL or vice versa? The only way I can think of how to do it is to make sure that no INDIVIDUAL service providers ever have the same work hours as GROUP service providers.

If you're main account is provider for both group and single appointment booking one of those will make you unavailable for another one.

3) Assuming I have 1 person who has reserved a SERVICE PROVIDER as what I call “Participant #1”, how when they view the dropdown of service providers can this one no longer appear?

This is unfortunately not possible as it the provider still has other slots available, making it work differently would require quite a coding.

4) How can I force the system to put the SERVICE PROVIDERS in numerical order?

Are you going to name your providers starting with numbers, in this case this should be default sorting order.

5) How do I remove “No Preference” from this list?

Unfortunately this is not possible without modifying plugin code directly.

Here are some examples of my real-life service dilemmas that I must solve.

SITUATION A: Here’s a visual example of what I have at present for situations where I only want to offer my time to GROUPS. But the catch is that I don’t want to MIX group types. They should not see each others’ services.

Note: this has “service providers” from all three of my “Niches”. THESE ARE ENTIRELY different Services Groups that SHOULD NOT overlap.

1) Pairs Matrix is for women seeking to learn to “Mate, Date & Relate” with men better.
    2) Mindfulness and “Destiny Participant #1-3” are for clients interested in a service category I call “Destiny & Purpose.
    3) “Daughters Group Participants #1-3” are for clients who are Members in my Daughters & Parenting service category.

For this case it would perhaps be best to have custom page with selector of your services and then link them to their respective pages where you will have calendar for that specific service, for example with this shortcode:
    [app_schedule service="12"]
    Where 12 is ID of your desired service.

SITUATION B: Here’s a situation where I only want to offer my time on an INDIVIDUAL basis. One-on-one.

1) How do I get the system to automatically revert to “INDIVIDUAL” and hide any reference to Service Provider?
    2) How do I get the system to automatically revert to JUST ONE SERVICE and automatically show the next available time I have open for that service?

A “Fun Free Consult” is always required before ANY coaching services are available because I’m very selective on who I take as clients. So it is worthless to show them services they can’t access.

Service selector has an option to automatically refresh the page after the service is selected with this shortcode [app_services autorefresh="1"], however hiding existing provider selector and showing next available time by default is not possible.

SITUATION C: Here’s a visual example of what I have at present for situations where I want to offer a block of time to both group OR individuals. It should be first come, first served reserving my time. But I want control over this. Individuals pay more that ONE group member but less than a full group of 3 people.

So ideally I want the system to be able to hold the slot of time open as “Pending” until either:

1) An individual has taken the slot or
    2) 3 people have formed a group to occupy the spot.

Assume an individual will pay $175 per hour but Group Members will pay $75. 3 x $75 = $225. My time would be better spent providing service to the group.

The system should give the user FEEDBACK and give them OPTIONS. If they are trying to assemble a group it should say some thing like:

“You’re the first one to reserve [THIS SERVICE] at [THIS TIME]. Congratulations! Your reservation is PENDING availability getting [X] more people joining in. So go grab [X] more friends (# needed - their commitment].

Please note that [THIS SAME GROUP SERVICE] already has [#CUSTOMERS] interested at [LIST OF OTHER TIMES & DATES] and [# OF CUSTOMERS COMMITTED].

Or you could consider taking [THESE ALTERNATE GROUP SERVICES] with others pre-committed for [LIST OF OTHER SERVICES WITH PRE-COMMITMENTS] pending approval at [LIST OF OTHER TIMES & DATES]”

A+ doesn't have an option to calculate the prices of the same appointment based on this, you can only set different price per service or add additional price for service provider.

EVENTS+

We will be forced to use Events+ for larger groups because the workaround with multiple service providers is not working for groups of say… for example 500 people for a speaking engagement.

I emphasize "forced to use" because from what I’ve experienced thus far, the user interface with Events+ is not at all sophisticated or attractive when compared to Meetup.com or other programs such as Evite.com. Integration of these websites via API codes are very important for us to reach our operational objectives; can you explain to us how to integrate?:

There's no integration of Meetup or Envite included in E+ plugin so this will need to be custom developed and connected.

MEMBERSHIP

>>> What is the most efficient way to set up and manage discounts that I wish to provide to members having different membership levels?

This is explained above, you can use Pro Rating or Coupons to offer discounts.

>>> Where is this done in the Wordpress setting?

Add-ons are available from Membership 2 > Add-ons panel and then it depends on the add-on you decide to go with, but everything is located inside Membership panels itself.

– We are creating a pricing schema using the plugin Go-pricing.com that is quite sophisticated. We wish to link this pricing front-end as intricately as possible to the membership back and using short code or other methods.

Integration with Go-pricing.com is not available with M2 and it would require custom development as well, you can find API Docuementation for this under Membership 2 > Help > API Docs panel.

>>> How do we integrate short-codes from Membership+ and Appointments+ into our site?

We sense they are important but have no clue how to use them properly. If you could provide us some URL links or even better ... access our site and show us by example how to use them that would be much appreciated. ????????

You can go to Appointments > Settings > Display and create default appointment page from there, it will add shortcodes itself to that page so you can have a look there for better understanding of they work.

WIKI PLUGIN

– Query re: Wiki’s. Can we use Wiki to create the following scenario:

1) The Smith family shares a Smith Membership they can buy & set up
    2) Members of the Smith family are given access to this Smith membership area
    3) Anyone within the Smith family can start a Wiki page about a topic
    4) The person who WROTE the page/post has control over how the comments are presented.
    5) Anyone within the Smith family can make contributions to any post or page within the Smith membership BUT NOT general rights of access or editorial rights to ALL Wiki pages.

Wiki plugin doesn't have that much of restrictions setup but what you can do is combine Membership 2 User Roles add-on to assign custom role based on the membership and you can create User Role Editor plugin to create custom roles with custom permissions.

These last comments concern whether several of your plugins are even workable with Wordpress. After working closely with Bluehost they deactivated:

>> Appointments+

>> Wiki

They were causing streams of errors in the error logs. When they were removed the problems went away.

Can you tell what errors you saw, it would be best to attach error log so we can check it out.

Please note that this thread will now be very confusing and hard to follow because of all of the unrelated question packed in one place.
    If you have any additional question about plugin functionality please start a new thread for all questions that are not closely related.

Best regards,
    Predrag

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.