Integration

I am trying to setup the best way to make a POP UP integrate with a Static Subscription form on the site and subsites.

It says Mail Chimp Plugin integrates with POP Up Pro.

When I have designed a subscription Pop Up in Mail Chimp and have the Embed code for it
how do I make my Pop Up take on that look ?

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Marcus

I hope you are doing well today!

how do I make my Pop Up take on that look ?

Create new PopUp and copy the MailChimp's embed code inside the editor. In the Behavior section, select "Always close after form submit" option:

Make sure that you have selected the "Page Footer" option for loading method in PopUp > Settings. Please see the attached screenshot:

Let us know if you require any further assistance!

Cheers,
    Nastia

• Mr Right Now
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thanks for getting back to me Sweetie,

I just tried all these and its not loading and just keeps loading.

I am testing the preview function and its not loading up.
    Ive disabled all "available conditions" in the settings bar.

Page Footer checked.
    Always close form after submit checked.

What can it be?

Thanks

• Mr Right Now

here is my mail chimp code.

<script type="text/javascript" src="//s3.amazonaws.com/downloads.mailchimp.com/js/signup-forms/popup/embed.js" data-dojo-config="usePlainJson: true, isDebug: false"></script><script type="text/javascript">require(["mojo/signup-forms/Loader"], function(L) { L.start({"baseUrl":"mc.us4.list-manage.com","uuid":"6fe4c47aab708b36a20d2be4e","lid":"3e93e37fdf"}) })</script>

• Mr Right Now

I have generated an access token for another issue if you have time to take a look.

Trying to resolve why my Upfront won't let me save the changes.

Waiting to hear from Kasia on that one but I tried all her htaccess file changes and it still won't save.

So the Access is open.

Thanks for your Help!

M

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Mr Right Now,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

The code you posted above seems to be a PopUp itself. So you can not use a popup within a popup they would conflict each other.

In this case what you need to do is just place the code in header/footer or any template of child theme, it will automatically display a popup to capture the emails. You don't need PopUp Pro for this purpose.

If you don't have child theme then simply download the attached file, extract it and upload to mu-plugins folder (create this folder if not exists). You don't need to activate this, it should run automatically.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Mr Right Now,
    Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

Yes, you can definitely use Mailchimp Integration plugin with PopUp Pro by adding the mailchimp signup form shortcode in the content area.

To add the shortcode go to PopUp -> Add/Edit PopUp -> From text editor tool bar click on mailchimp icon (see screenshot), generate the shortcode and insert in content. Save changes and now you will see a subscribe form in the popup, you can further add some images to attract the viewers to optin.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Mr Right Now

Thanks for that Sajid!

I am starting to figure why I thought the other way around.

I have installed the Mail Chimp App from WPMUDEV and its active in the multisite Root/NetworkAdmin. (screenshot1)

When I go into the main site that I want the sign up Pop Up to show on and the Subscribe button
    it doesnt show in the Editor. Why would I not have that option? (screenshot 2)

Thanks
    M

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Mr Right Now,
    Hope you are doing good today : )

In WordPress multisite you have to enable/allow using of Widget and/or Shortcode on subsite. Go to Network Admin -> Settings -> Mailchimp -> Settings and enable Allow shortcode use in all subsites (check and save).

I have deleted the screenshots because that contained the API key. Using that key someone can erase all of your mailing lists subscribers etc. I would strongly recommend you to not post any private/sensitive information on a public forum like this.

Its recommend you regenerate that API key and use update that one instead.

Best Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.