Integration between Automessage and eNewsletter

Hi!

It seems that Automessage schedules e-mails only for new *blog subscribers*. I'd like to know if it is possible to extend this functionality to schedule messages for eNewsletter subscribers.

Is it currently possible? If not, what a great feature it would be! :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Elvis

• Jack Kitterhing
    • Code Norris

Hi there Elvis,

Hope you're well today and thanks for your question.

Integration isn't currently possible out of the box, but it has been requested a few times, if it continues to be a popular request, it's certainly something we can look into developing. :slight_smile:

Thank you!

Kind Regards
    Jack.

• Vaughan
    • Support/SLS MockingJay

Hi @elvisfernandes,

It might be possible providing both plugins have the right hooks required to be able to work, i'm not sure this is the case though, but I will certainly ask one of our developers to take a look and see if this would be possible at all, but if it requires more than filter hooks, I can't make any promises & it would need to wait for the developer to consider the feature request.

Hope this helps

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hey there @elvisfernandes,

Hope you are well today!

If you still want to try a hack by yourself, you need to start by hooking into the action 'enewsletter_user_subscribe'.

If you look into automessage code, it does something similar with the hook 'user_register'.

add_action('user_register', array(&$this,'add_user_message'), 10, 1);

Now, you can try using the same handler doing this:
    add_action('enewsletter_user_subscribe', array(&$this,'add_user_message'), 10, 1);
    But you will need to test in your dev environment first.
    If this mess the things up, then you will need to create/extend the handler to manage this specific case by adding a new type of Action (currently it uses User Level and Blog Level actions).

Let me know how it goes and don't hesitate to ask if you have any specific question for this customization.

Cheers!,
    JJ

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.