Integration of a Travel business network in spanish

I'm trying to integrate a travel business network for spanish speaking travel professionals covering Spain, Latin america and spanish speaking people in USA.
The services that I will provide in this network are:
WPMU DEV plugins I'm using for each service are marked with (*)
* Appointments
Groups (Using buddypress)
* Events +
Travel Guides (Using Wordpress pages)
* Directory
* Members directory
* Jobs & Experts*
Internal members communication using:
Messaging* , E-Newsletter*, Friends*, WordPress Chat*
* Classifieds
* Communities (Installed but not activate it)
Also, enable the default features that Buddypress have, in order to give the community all the functions that a social network have, like Activity, using * BuddyPress Activity Plus, * Invite.

I'm lost trying to setup the plugins in order to properly work, and the specific issues I have right now are: (Listed in relevance order)
1. I'm not able to find the shortcode for Buddypress , to put a registration button and/or form in the home page (http://turired.com) right below the listed services that I'm offering)
2. The Buddypress plugin, keeps telling me: "The following active BuddyPress Components do not have associated WordPress Pages: Activate, Registration", this is because I cannot find what I describe in point 1 above.
3. I'll try to create a register and activation page, but when I go to test it, I get the "Page not found" message.
Solving these related issues, I need to get all the WPMU DEV plugins, to work in conjunction with buddypress login, disabling the individual logins that your plugins have, like Jobs & Experts, Classifieds, Directory, etc., I mean, all your plugins, that have a way to individually login.
That is it for now, once it is solved, maybe I will need more help from you, for the integration of the rest of the plugins.
I granted a support staff temporary admin access, that will expire on January 10, 2015 4:39 pm, in order for you to see the different plugins I installed, and for you to help me better, I revert all the setups I did, leaving the default configurations intact.
If you need more information, please let me know.
Thanks in advance for your help & support.

• Michael Bissett

Hey @Carlos Camacho Collins, hope you're doing well today! :slight_smile:

Let's start with #2:

2. The Buddypress plugin, keeps telling me: "The following active BuddyPress Components do not have associated WordPress Pages: Activate, Registration", this is because I cannot find what I describe in point 1 above.

Actually, this notice is because there weren't any pages assigned to the "Activate" & "Registration" sections inside of BuddyPress, I've taken care of that for you. :slight_smile:

1. I'm not able to find the shortcode for Buddypress , to put a registration button and/or form in the home page (http://turired.com) right below the listed services that I'm offering)

By default, BuddyPress doesn't provide it's own shortcode for a registration form, or a button, it would require a separate registration page to be created (which I've gone ahead and done for you).

However, you could create a link to the registration page, and then style that link to look like a button. How would that sound? :slight_smile:

3. I'll try to create a register and activation page, but when I go to test it, I get the "Page not found" message.

I'm finding that the pages that I created for this seem to be working just fine, could you confirm that this is the case on your end as well?

Please advise,
    Michael

• Carlos Camacho Collins

Hello Michael, first of all, a big thank you for your kindly and helpful support.
    I already integrate the register button in the home page, follow your instructions, and is ok for the people that want to register for the first time, but as this community is for a specialized niche, I need to be able to change the fields in the register page, asking more questions about the participants, like the travel segment that they belong, the country of residence, age, company, etc., this extra info, will help me to see if they truly belong to the travel industry, and also, to the approved registrations, deliver especific and better content, according to their travel segment.
    I also notice that after the participant clic on the registration button, once I approved that registration, need another button or link to login, and once he/she is loged in, the registration button is visible.
    So, what I need, is that once he/she is loged in, the registration button, won't be visible, or perhaps, a better solution for this is to install your Login Redirect and Logout Redirect plugins.
    Or another solution could be to integrate a widget in the right top part of the site, to handle the register, login and logout links or buttons.
    I have a lot of ideas, based on what I saw in other similar sites, but, and I'm sorry for this, I don't know how to implement it using your useful plugins in Wordpress, but if you point me in the right direction, believe me that I'm a fast learner, I could do it with your useful orientations.
    Thanks again.

• Ash

Hello @Carlos Camacho Collins

I hope you are well today.

I need to be able to change the fields in the register page, asking more questions about the participants, like the travel segment that they belong, the country of residence, age, company, etc.,

In buddypress, you can use easily create as many fields as you want. You need to go to Dashboard > Users > Profile fields and create your required fields. You can also mark it as required or not.

So, what I need, is that once he/she is loged in, the registration button, won't be visible, or perhaps, a better solution for this is to install your Login Redirect and Logout Redirect plugins.

Well, I am not sure in your theme how register and login buttons are set. But yes, it is standard to hide the register and login button and show a logout button when an user is already logged in. Anyway, how's about using a login/register widget in the sidebar? For example: https://wordpress.org/plugins/nice-login-register-widget/

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.