Integration of Marketpress and Affiliate plugins

Im not sure why the previous question was marked resolved when I had further questions to add to it and no one really resolved it...

I have signed up a test user as an affiliate. In the admin area for that user, there is the affiliate information - stats and such. However, when I go to the main administrator page for the Affiliates plugin, there are not any affiliates shown. Why is this?

The description for Marketpress reads:

"Coupons, discounts and affiliate ready"

How is it affiliate ready and how does one implement this if not in the method that I'm attempting?

I want to be sure I'm on the right track here - the affiliate plugin says that it works great with the marketpress store set up. Obviously, I want to offer people an affiliate link to get a commission from people who use their link. What isn't obvious is how these two things can work together. I really would like to not feel I'm wasting time and money on this. Can someone tell me how these things work together and what the best way to make that happen is? (because it's not entirely obvious)

• Brian Purkiss
    • Smushie Pies

You need to perform a search for users on the Manage Users page in order for them to show up on that page.

"How is it affiliate ready and how does one implement this if not in the method that I'm attempting?"

Could you please expand? I don't know what you're doing, and I don't know what you're trying to do, so it'd difficult for me to help you.

After you activate the Affiliates and MarketPress plugin, go to Affiliates > Addons and activate the MarketPress Addon. Then go to Products > Store Settings > Payments and set the percentage you want to pay out to affiliates.

• Michael B
    • Flash Drive

Ok... gotcha on the Store Settings part...

In a nutshell:
    I have a store from which I sell prints (artwork)
    I would like to offer an affiliate system so that people can join.
    Ideally: affiliate can then promote via affiliate code as it's shown in the account settings for that member.

So...
    I searched for the test user as I'd created it and I see that it shows up. How come it doesn't just list the affiliates? That seems to make the most sense.

Once listed, I can view the test users stats. That said, I tried to purchase something through the test affiliate's link but, alas, I can't do it right now because the paypal account is linked back to me, the admin.

For now, is it safe to assume that, for instance, the sale of the 1.00 test product will give the affiliate the percentage they are supposed to get?

I admit - i may be missing something here... or that it works more simply than I am giving it credit for...

• Michael B
    • Flash Drive

So I've done that... And I had someone else create an account and them buy a product via that affiliate link that they set up (which they emailed to themselves). Nothing happened - although the product was purchased, there is no record of the purchase in the affiliate's stats even tho the order has been marked as closed. Does it take a while for it to process?

• aristath
    • Recruit

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it's been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I'd check in to see how you're going?

If you're still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.
    Ari.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.