Integration of MarketPress with KashFlow

Hello, I'm developing a multi-language web site using A+, Marketpress and WPML.

On the web site I will sell services (with A+) and merchandising (with Marketpress).

I'm now in the process of deciding how to invoice my clients when they purchase products or make an appointment.

I see two different options here:

1) Integrating in MarketPress an invoice functionality (I see in the forum this is something you're working on) and integrate A+ with MarketPress so that I can invoice appointment with MarketPress too.

2) Integrating both A+ and Marketpress with an external accounting online software such as KashFlow (others I'm looking at are QuickBook online and Xero, but KashFlow is the one I like more).

It would be nice to know if I can accomplish my objectives with 1) when you'll be realising invoices in MarkePress. And by the way, even if I know you're not revealing any ETA, it would be great to know a time-frame (this summer, end of 2014 or whatever).

It would also be nice to know if 2) is in the wish-list of other users, so that it can be added to your development queue or I need to hire a professional to make a custom code.

In case I should hire a professional, can you give me a directions of how to proceed: do you suggest a plugin that integrates in MarketPress and deals with KashFlow communications ? Using hooks or whatever ? Or do you suggest a different approach ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Antonio

• PC

Hey there Antonio,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

I have a good news and a bad news.

Good news is that we are currently working on the invoicing module of MarketPress plugin and it should be included in a future MarketPress version.

But the bad news is that we can not provide an ETA on the release. Not even an estimated one I am afraid. The reason is evident that when it comes to coding a new feature in the plugin, its basically a lot of effort required and it needs a long testing time as well.

However I have still asked our lead developer @Jonathan to kindly chime in on this thread and share a quick update on this thread for any progress on this one :slight_smile:

It would also be nice to know if 2) is in the wish-list of other users, so that it can be added to your development queue or I need to hire a professional to make a custom code.

Something like an integration with External invoicing apps is something talked about a few times but its not on the list of active development modules as far as I am aware.

In case I should hire a professional, can you give me a directions of how to proceed: do you suggest a plugin that integrates in MarketPress and deals with KashFlow communications ? Using hooks or whatever ? Or do you suggest a different approach ?

I'd recommend hiring a developer here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-custom-development/ if you are not comfortable coding that functionality yourself. I have however sent a note to my colleague @Hoang Ngo to see if he can give you a direction to move forward on this :slight_smile:

He should be around soon too.

Cheers, PC

• Saurabh

Hi Antonio,

The best way would be to build a plugin that hooks into MarketPress.

Once the payment is processed and the order is complete, the plugin can hook into the mp_order_paid action. This action hook occurs when the payment is complete and will provide all the details of the order that has been completed.

The order details can then be used to interact with the Kashflow API to generate invoices.

So, just one action where the plugin will need to hook in. The rest will deal with Kashflow API.

If you do need to share the context for the hook with your developer, direct them to this piece of code at about line 3740 of /plugins/marketpress/marketpress.php

//set paid time if we already have a confirmed payment
    	 if ($paid) {
    		add_post_meta($post_id, 'mp_paid_time', $timestamp, true);
    		do_action( 'mp_order_paid', $this->get_order($order_id) );
    		}

I hope this helps.

Best

Saurabh

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.