Integration of the comment avatar code in Genesis themes

Hi,

On the Avatars plugin page, you say:

Complete integration of the comment avatar code in every WPMU DEV theme– their uploaded ‘user avatar’ appears next to their comments with these themes!

What about other themes? Especially Genesis themes? What should I do to get Avatars displayed next to comments?

Thanks!

• Saurabh

Hi @Arom77,

Hope you are well today!

If we go by WordPress standards, then a theme should have a comments.php file which would in turn have a line, as follows:

<?php if ( 0 != $args['avatar_size'] ) echo get_avatar( $comment, $args['avatar_size'] ); ?>

The get_avatar function is the one that loads the default gravatars. This function is pluggable and is replaced with the function provided in our plugin.

Hence with any theme that uses this function in a standard way, the gravatar plugin will work out of the box. So, even with genesis this will work.

In our promotional material, we cannot guarantee that it will work with all themes because a lot of themes don't load comments in the standard way.

Do let me know if you need more help with this.

Best

Saurabh

• Tyler Postle

Hey Arom,

Hope your well today! I may have jumped the gun on my first post, have you tested this with Genesis yet? I just tested it with a couple Genesis child themes and had no issues at all. Avatars shows in comments as expected :slight_smile:

Users can upload the avatar via Users > Your Avatar and/or via their profile under "Avatar settings".

Let us know if you experience any issues with this and if so, we can take a closer look and see what might be causing the conflict!

Thanks for being a WPMU DEV member.

All the best,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.