Integration of the membership plugin, appointments+, and marketpress

I am trying to make set up products that require and appointment to be set up and I am not entirely sure how to do it. For example I would like to make a product page for setting up someones Wireless Network. On the product page I would like it to display available appointment times and require them to select one as part of the checkout process. Once the job has been completed I would also like to offer like a 10% discount on services while the current service is under its 90 day warrantee. How do I go about doing these things? I was also wondering if its possible to set up addons and upgrades in marketplace for instance allowing them to add a wireless router to the order if they do not have one from within the wireless network setup product page.

• PC

Hiya,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

This is not going to be as simple as it looks. We have to be very careful in setting it up.

For example I would like to make a product page for setting up someones Wireless Network. On the product page I would like it to display available appointment times and require them to select one as part of the checkout process.

You can setup in such a way that Appointment will act as a product. Just activate the MarketPress addon in Appointment plus and create a product in MarketPress with a appointment.

I think the best way to do it is by creating a sub menu (Sidebar) and using shortcodes.

1: Create products which are required for Wireless network setup and using shortcodes show your Wireless routers etc on the first page
    2: On the second page, show appointments as products and they can choose one from it.
    3: On the next page show your shopping cart

Once the job has been completed I would also like to offer like a 10% discount on services while the current service is under its 90 day warrantee.

Then, make sure you force the users to register to the site in order to checkout because you need them to register in order to give them the 10% discount on service.

Use Memberhship plugin and setup the plan for them. As soon as a member registers on the site, he will be assigned to that level for a finite time i.e. 90 days (you can set it to whatever you want)

And in A+ you setup a discount for Membership members.

So they buy, signup and get assigned to a level which expires in 90 days and you offer them the discount of 10% during that 90 days.

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers
    PC

• greteckcom

Thank you this all has been helpful. I would like to elaborate on the product addon aspect of what I am looking for however because its the only thing i am still unsure about. What I would like to do is set a base product, when you go to the base product page it gives a description of the base product but then has a list of addons. The best example I have is like when you purchase a computer from dell or apple and you start with the base model but then they offer memory, hdd, and software addons in the product page.

• PC

Hiya,

Thanks for writing back.

What I would like to do is set a base product, when you go to the base product page it gives a description of the base product but then has a list of addons.

This is something which is not possible out of the box. But you can achieve that easily by using some sidebars.

See the post here : https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/gridmarket-as-a-child-theme-for-theme-other-then-framemarket#post-213924 quite old but the process is fine.

The best example I have is like when you purchase a computer from dell or apple and you start with the base model but then they offer memory, hdd, and software addons in the product page.

I got your point. Its like a WHMCS site where you add a domain and then are offered hosting etc. That is something which is not available in the plugin as of now. But using the approach above, you can achieve it.

Something like the attached screenshot. I am not too good with drawing but it will give an idea :slight_smile:

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.