Integration with Membership plugin

Hello,
I'm using MemberPress to limit access to my forums on my site, but I also intend to package that free forum membership product with the registration, which I'm able to do with Memberpress' custom registration form.

Is there anyway I can set up the login with Facebook option to link/fill out that form?

Currently, I've set the login to redirect to the /registration/free page to push the free forum membership as a workaround, but I'm hoping for a better way to integrate.

Thanks! Thusfar I love how easy it is to sign up with Facebook, just want to eliminate that extra step for my users if possible.

• PC

Hey there,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

Unfortunately there is no out of the box integration of Ultimate Facebook (Facebook registration process works like this) with another registration process.

As you might have seen on many other sites providing facebook login, they generally redirect a user to a different page for completing the signup etc.

If something like that needs to be done, it would need to be custom coded separately I am afraid.

However, if you only want to offer them a free access with registration, why don't you set that as accessible for registered members so anyone who registers on your site will have access to that free content by default (Our Membership Plugin Allows that)

Would that work ?

Cheers, PC

• td323

I've come to the realization that the Facebook registration process is also bypassing some of my required fields and and my new user approval process, so it looks like I won't be able to allow that.

I'd still like to let my users log on with Facebook, as an ease-of-access thing, but I don't seem to see the capability anywhere without letting (and by letting, I mean forcing) them to register in the first place with it.

Basically, I'd like to give the option for my users, after normal registration, to link their facebook account for log-in and profile mapping purposes. Is that possible with this plugin?

• PC

Hey there,

That is not possible with this plugin I am afraid.

Facebook login gives a username as firstname_lastname and the email on your facebook account is used as WordPress account email.

However there is a plugin which allows you to connect the existing WordPress usernames to Facebook : http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-fb-autoconnect/

Let me also send this to our lead developer @Vladislav so that we can get his thoughts to have something like that in the future plugin versions.

Cheers, PC

• Vladislav

Hello,

Actually, the plugin will attempt quite hard to log in your users via Facebook, if possible. What I mean by this is that if the already registered user on your site tries to log in with Facebook, and if she has a Facebook account with the same email, the plugin will log her in as her proper WP user. Furthermore, this will establish the link between Facebook and her WordPress user that the plugin needs to sync up her profile etc - this part won't happen automatically and would need to be initialized manually, via say the dashboard widget. That is also where she can grant any additional permissions (if any) that need to be granted.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.