interactive google maps plugin

Hi,
A client wants an interactive google map implemented on their site with zoom and turn by turn capabilities. Does WPMU Dev still make and update a googel maps plugin that can do this? If so, does it also support 360 degree views?

• Milan
    • WordPress Wizard

Hello cornelius_butler ,

Hope you are well today and thanks for asking us. :slight_smile:

We are constantly improving our plugin to resolve its bugs and issues. Before I confirm that its supports turn by turn capability, I would need to confirm first from your side that what do you mean by that ? I am sorry but I am not getting your point by "turn by turn capability". Please explain it. :slight_smile:

Does it also support 360 degree views?

It does not support 360 degree view. This seems good feature request, if you want to create community support for this, please create new support thread in Features and Feedback category. :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Milan

• Adam Czajczyk
    • Support Gorilla

Hello Corn!

Our Google Maps plugin does support directions (setting routes and destinations) so it can be used for that.

Please note however that in order to be able to use the plugin on your site you will need to use the "beta" release for now. The "stable" release that's available through WPMU DEV Dashboard plugin doesn't include an option to set Google Maps API key which was introduced not so long ago and is now a requirement.

You can download the beta release from this post:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/so-8#post-1108866

It's the same as a "stable" release except it does include an API Key field in settings.

Best regards,
    Adam

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.