internal links and layout

Hi,

I have trouble with the internal links on my site.
In a piece of text I want one word or small sentence as a link. When I select it, I can choose the link and already found the different linkpossibilities. ( which is great btw).
Then the problem starts.
Either the link isn't activated, the layout changes of the text, more than just the selected word is being considered a link and or the font color change. Changing it back to the wanted color, it is deleted, or the entire text is deleted.
Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug ?
with kind regards,

Aad

• Rupok

Hi Aad,

Either the link isn't activated, the layout changes of the text, more than just the selected word is being considered a link and or the font color change. Changing it back to the wanted color, it is deleted, or the entire text is deleted.
    Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug ?

So sorry to hear the inconvenience you are having. I tried to regenerate this on my test site, but I could not. I can create link to a word or a sentence and the selected word only is considered as a link. The font-color changes and it's normal because hyperlink has a different color always. You can easily change hyperlink color with Custom CSS Code. And when I tried to change color, the text is not deleted.

So I think, this is your site specific issue.

Thanks for granting Support Access. I tried to login with Support Access but it's showing me the following error:
    Sorry, this is an invalid access token. You must ask the user to grant access.
    Can you please revoke and grant us permission again so we can check your site configuration and try to find out why this is behaving such on your site?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Aad

Hello Rupok,

support was activated for a different issue, I have revoked it and issued a new one.
    The problem appears on the homepage, in the red section. I want the phonenumber to be a link and also the word "contactformulier" to be a link ( internal link to the contact page.)
    If I try that, the problem occurs.

Also the name editing of the page didn't work properly. I used the normal wordpress page settings to change the name, because the changes weren't accepted.

with kind regards,

Aad

• Denitsa

Hello Aad,
    I hope you're doing well!

I was able to login to your site and edit the phone number and text effortlessly, both making them links and adding color. Can you confirm that?

To adjust the hover, active and visited attributes of the link you'd have to use Custom CSS as Rupok suggested above. You can read more on styling links via CSS here:
    http://www.w3schools.com/css/css_link.asp

Also, I am not sure what exactly do you mean by "name editing of the page". Could you please elaborate on that one?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you!

All the best,
    Denitsa

• Aad

Hi Denitsa,

I see that the links have been added, thank you, but I still encounter the same problem.
    In the text I select the words arranged by...., press the link button, select post/page as kind of link and press the approve button ( v).
    Now, the results are not the same.
    1 The link is added, but not in the specific color I want. Changing the colorfont, deletes part of the text or even the entire text, or doesn't change the color.
    2 The link is not added.
    3 the selected word is no longer selected alone, but as a part of a larger text. Those lines are selected as the link. Trying to change it deletes the text.

For the changing of the pagename.
    I ceated a new page.
    On the left there is the page settings
    First page title and URL
    by default it is new page, edit
    entering the new name and pressing save/update results in a reset to new page.

Maybe I'm doing somethiing wrong, but I can't figure it out. It looks the logical way.

with kind regards,

Aad

• Nithin

Hi Aad,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I was able to notice the issues issues in your site, but I'm not able to replicate such in my system, it works fine in mine. I was able to notice dependency error is the console. I have enabled optimization in your website, under Upfront > Experimental

Would recommend you to please add the following code in your wp-config.php, and then see whether it works fine, you can find the file wp-config.php located in your root directory.
    define('UPFRONT_DEBUG_LEVELS', 'dependencies');

Please make sure to place the above code, just before the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Once done, please disable the cache temporarily, and then check whether your website works fine. Please let us know how that goes, so that we could have a better idea about this issue. Have a nice weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.