Internal Server 500 error on plugin activation

Hi guys,

With new sites of ours, once I've installed the Dashobard plugin and them move onto installing others from your suite like Smush, Defender etc, I get an internal server 500 error.

I've had this with a few sites now - i.e. I can't get past the Dashboard in terms of more plugins.

Thanks
Tim

Sajid

Hello PL,
    Hope you are doing good today

Internal server error is one of most mysterious error code in web and specially WordPress. The most common reason is limited memory and execution time allocation for a script to complete the processing.

First thing we can do here is try to increase the memory limit by one of methods described in our this blog post:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/blog/increase-memory-limit/

Before making the changes, note down the existing memory limit and execution time in WPMU DEV -> Support -> System Info -> PHP, so you could compare those later to make sure the changes are actually take effect.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance and please send in FTP and WordPress admin details so that we could dig deeper.

You can send the requested details via our secure contact form in following format.

Subject: "Attn: Sajid Javed”
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login url
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference

Best Regards,
    Sajid - WPMU DEV Support