Internal Server error

I am randomly getting these 500 errors when viewing my site pages. Not sure if it's due to the W3 Total Cache plugin I installed. I use Woprdpress v 3.0.3

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@my site.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Error log attached

• drdave
    • The Crimson Coder

Hi Dronix

Problem is it seems to be there at times then at other times it's ok. The little checking I was able to do since this post I have not seen the error.

I'll play around with it for a while and post back if I still see the problem.

Thanks

• drdave
    • The Crimson Coder

Got one out of memory error similar to the previous ones Fatal error: Allowed memory size of (forgot to write it down but similar to some previous one I got Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 110 bytes) in /home2/mainsite/public_html/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 160

And back to the 500 errors.

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mysite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.
    Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I switched off the w3 Total cache but eventually got Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 134217728 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 116 bytes) in /home2/mainsite/public_html/wp-content/plugins/membership/membershipincludes/classes/membershippublic.php on line 149

• drdave
    • The Crimson Coder

I rolled back my installation prior to w3 total cache plugin. Restored my database and my files. However I still see an entry in my database which I assume should be safe to drop called wp_w3tc_cdn_queue under Table: wp_w3tc_cdn_queue with eight entries.

But the big question still remains what could have caused the problem? I know this is not a plugin offered here but if someone have a lot of experience with this plugin and maybe can offer help. I tried another forum but been waiting for a while now with no response.

Otherwise no problem I understand.

Thanks

• dronix
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Generally the 500 internal error is due to an http request being lost or relocated over and over. I'm thinking the cache plugin is the culprit as it might be messing with the those http requests. Are you still getting this error?

• drdave
    • The Crimson Coder

I already rolled everything back to a point before installing w3 Total Cache. That is a database restore along with uploading all my backup files.

If you go backup two steps in my post that is really my status at this point.
    Just got in and tried again but so far no 500 errors.

Thanks dronix

• dronix

If you go backup two steps in my post that is really my status at this point.

Yes, seems like I asked the wrong question. I mean to ask if you're still looking to have the cache plugin working without the error or to mark this topic as solved.

• dronix

Would love to get it to work.

Great. Unfortunately I'll be helping sort of blind folded as I don't have the same web configuration as your host so lets start by enabling all the settings you want for W3 Total Cache then export them and attach the file to your post so I can import it.

• dronix

Would be best if we could keep it public so anyone having the same issue can benefit the same. There shouldn't be anything related to your client in the exported file but do take a look over just in case.

• drdave
    • The Crimson Coder

I did and just got error on all pages so far

Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@mainsite.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

As I keep checking the error is gone. This been the type of behaviour though. It's some hesitation before the page load then the error starts.

• dronix

Ok try this attached .htaccess file and disable both agent groups from the Performance>User Agent Groups. You can instead remove all the user agents from the the User agents field from the high group.

What we're trying todo is remove the .htaccess call to the user agents, seems like they are not being escaped. I thought this was looked at by Frederick but seems like the bug is still there.

• drdave
    • The Crimson Coder

Oops another one sorry

Internal Server Error

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@my site.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

Then they go away.

• drdave
    • The Crimson Coder

Done. But same 500 errors

I thought for sure this would make a difference.

I noticed Frederick recommended doing this as a temp fix until he can work some bugs out. The people I've heard doing this stop getting the errors though but I would imagine disk enhanced mode yields better performance but I stand corrected.

Anyway, in Basic Mode I still get errors.

• dronix

I noticed Frederick recommended doing this as a temp fix until he can work some bugs out. The people I've heard doing this stop getting the errors though but I would imagine disk enhanced mode yields better performance but I stand corrected

Yeah. I'm pretty much out of ideas except to enable each setting at a time and see which one is causing the error. If you have any other plugins installed, you could try disabling them and just leave W3 Total Cache enabled with all the settings that you want enabled and see if the error still persists.

Hopefully someone can pick this up and give you a working fix. If you get something working let us know.

• drdave
    • The Crimson Coder

Not a bad plan but unfortunately users are now signing up. I might try your suggestion on my test site and see what gives.

I'll definitely post back if I ever get this going.

Even when I disable this plugin I still end up with the 500 errors followed by the out of memory errors not to mention the blank pages for some strange reason though I increase the memory both in wp-config and php.ini

I might just have to end up reinstalling the site from scratch. This plugin still have some issues unfortunately.

I do thank you for your hard work though.

Much appreciated

• ecommercedesigner
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

i am haveing the same errors popup and i just finished reinstalling wordpress and i have barely even begun . I can't even get into the dashboard

like what the hell is going on? . does this type of crap happen all the time with wordpress ?

this is for a client and is the third time i have built this website !
    should i even both building the dam site

please help me . has anyone delt with this problem and had any success fixing it ?
    i am so stuck i don't know what to do and i have got to have this done by tommorow night

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.