Internal server error on WooCommerce checkout

I know this isn't strictly related to any WPMU DEV product, but I cannot figure out why a product with a £0 price-tag results in a "internal server error" message being displayed at checkout once address info has been entered. Can you please help?

• James Morris

Hello Marcus Amberton

I hope you are well today.

I took a look at you shop and enabled WP_DEBUG while I ran through a test transaction. I was able to successfully complete the transaction without issue. No Internal Server Error was generated.

Screenshot: http://storage4.static.itmages.com/i/18/0419/h_1524125165_9484628_081faa8ed2.png

However, when I logged into the site, I did notice all other plugins were deactivated. Also, I'm seeing that you have 32 plugin updates that are needed and the debug.log showed that your current theme has many PHP Deprecated: and PHP Notice: messaged dealing with the theme. In particular are several messages about WooCommerce functions.

WooCommerce templates for themes tend to need monitoring and updating as WooCommerce is known for updating their functions, thus the themes that call functions need updated. Checking your WooCommerce Status page, I'm seeing a very large number of templates that are outdated.

Please see https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/fix-outdated-templates-woocommerce/ for information on how to update your templates.

Between the outdated plugins and the outdated WooCommerce templates, there's a wide range of things that could cause a 500 Internal Server Error.

Please perform a full backup of your site and update your plugins and WooCommerce templates. This should resolve the issue for you. If it does not, feel free to ping us back here and we'll be happy to look into this further for you. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

James Morris

• Marcus Amberton

Hi James,

I have followed all the steps correctly as you suggested and the issue is still occurring on payment submission screen when plugins are all disabled the payment form processes fine,
    But will not work when all enabled.

Steps I have followed:

I have updated all plugins
    updated the eCommerce theme from theme-forest

If you could take a look further that would be fantastic you should have all the details needed to access the website/ftp