Internet Explorer not working with Protected Content

Hi! So - Internet Explorer seems to not be letting users access protected content. Even though they're logged in - when they click on the sections (members on our site) they get brought back to the "protected content" section.

• Jessica
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi! No - they're logged in as a member of the site. Basically they just see the MEMBERS tab. I'm able to see it fine logged in as them in Chrome and in FireFox - but in Internet Explorer it just doesn't seem to work. I'll grant you access right now!

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Jessica, no problem, thanks for re-enabling the Support Access here! :slight_smile:

I just created a user on your site (via the Support Access you granted), and after trying to assign each membership to the user (one at a time, not both at once), I'm not able to reproduce this behavior here.

For example, inside of Internet Explorer 11 (with no browser add-ons enabled), I'm able to visit your Shop page upon logging in:

http://screencast.com/t/rKWiLlBX

I noticed that there's only two other users on this site with a membership (aside from my user), what's the user in question? The user in question does have a membership on the site, correct?

(my test user has the 30 Day Guest membership presently)

Please advise,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Jessica,

Strange indeed... did he happen to say what version of IE he was using here?

If he's okay with it, I'd like to see about trying to log in with his user details, and see if perhaps there's something that affects only his account. Could you send those in via our secure contact form, along with the following:

- Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Michael Bissett
    - Do not include anything else in the subject line, doing so may delay our response due to how email filtering works.
    - Link back to this thread
    - Include WordPress admin access details (login address, username & password)
    - Include FTP log-in details (hostname, username & password) - just in case I need to dig any further, so I don't have to ask for them later (since you've already been quite patient here :slight_smile: )
    - Include Jock's user access details (username & password)
    - Include any relevant URLs for your site

On the contact form, select "I have a different question", this ensures it comes through and gets assigned to me.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Thanks a bunch, looking forward to getting this mystery figured out! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.