Intro header button text won't change

Hi,

I'm trying to change the text in the intro header button, but for some reason it won't change from the "View Your Profile" default text to the text I have written in my Theme Options:Homepage Settings panel. Any thoughts on why it's not updating itself from the default text (other than "save changes")?

• Richie_KS

hi the intro button text theme option only work for not logged in user.
    loggedin user will see the 'view your profile' text..you can however edit them by opening
    blogs-mu/lib/templates/wp-template/panel-home.php between line 50-52

<a href="<?php echo $bp->loggedin_user->domain; ?>"><?php _e("View Your Profile",TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?></a>
    <?php } else { ?>
    <a href="<?php echo site_url(); ?>/wp-admin/profile.php"><?php _e("View Your Profile",TEMPLATE_DOMAIN); ?></a>

change the link and text..

cheers

• cepgray

I thought that the button was supposed to change when you edited the Theme Options:Homepage Settings:Your Network Intro Header Button text, but you're saying that's only for not logged in users??

If that's the case than what's the point of having the logged in homepage essentially be the same as the logged out homepage. Shouldn't you be able to edit them separately so non logged in members/visitors see something completely different (writing wise) from logged in users? From what I'm seeing the logged in and logged out home page is the same aside from the "featured" boxes which you can hide.

• Mason

Hiya,

Just checking if it was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that's great news.

If not, could you let us know by re-opening this topic, and we'll get onto it and helping you out asap!
    Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted :slight_smile:

Thanks!

p.s. I've also tagged Richie here in case you do reopen this, as they'll definitely be able to help you!

• cepgray

I'm still confused why the button can't be changed on the logged in members end. When visitors see the button they see one thing (which we can edit in the editor), but when members log in the button automatically says "view your profile" which from my understanding we can't change. I'm just wondering if it is possible to change it because I don't necessarily want the button to read "view your profile" when members log on.