Invalid or missing timestamp in JWS request

Just yesterday we started having customers tell us we had this issue.

I searched Google for an answer to this and I found the following article: https://simplify.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/2085428-invalid-or-missing-timestamp-in-jws-request-message

I don't know how to change a server timestamp, and I don't know how to find out what the timestamp should be from the payment Simplify.com?

I already put the website in Support Access Mode.

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ellis,

I hope you're well today and thank you for your question.

I checked your site and I see that you are using Simpliiy commerce credit card payments with WooCommerce. The error that you are getting suggests that there's a difference in a time data between your "server" (most likely this just refers to the WP install) and the payment gateway.

I'm not familiar with that payment gateway but I'm pretty sure that you do have a kind of merchant account there so you can access some configuration/settings dashboard. I see that your WordPress site is currently set to the Chicago time so please make sure that the settings of your site match your Simplify account settings.

It may be a good idea to post a question on WooCommerce forums as well as it's related to their plugin. Have you already tried that?

Best regards,
    Adam

• Adam Czajczyk

Hello Ellis Benus,

Thank you for your response!

Chicago is on the same time zone as we are in Columbia, MO.

That would mean that the WordPress time setting is not an issue here and either it's indeed related directly to the server time or it's a different issue.

Their support sucks, but that's my last resort, so I'm going to contact them now.

I suggested getting in touch with them because Woo developers are certainly the most familiar with WooCommerce code and the way all the external libraries are used/implemented with WooCommerce. In case they didn't respond in a reasonable time or weren't able to help you, let me know please (and let me know what they said) and I'll search for other way/solutions.

Is there any way to check what the processor's time stamp is so I know what ours should be set to?

Yes. Create an empty file with a .php extension (e.g. checktime.php) and put this code inside:

<?php
    $dt = new DateTime();
    echo $dt->format('Y-m-d H:i:s');
    ?>

Then upload this file into the root folder of your website and load it directly via browser ("yourdomain.com/checktime.php").

This should display current time fetched directly from the server so you would be able to compare that with your WP and Simplify.com settings.

Best regards,
    Adam