Invalid taxonomy message when trying to create a directory category

I'm getting the Invalid taxonomy message when trying to create a directory category. I see from another thread that I may have to do a network activate to get a custompress option to show up. How can I do this without creating pages for the subsites? I'm running MU, Buddypress with classifieds installed but deactivated

• Ryan Englin
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I had the same problem but only have a couple of sites on my MU install so I figured I could just manually delete any pages it created. I can't say for sure in your situation, but the system did not create extra pages for each of my sites. I just stayed in the network admin, checked the box that I needed to check and then deactivated the plugin on the network.

Then I went back to the site I wanted the directory plugin on, once I activated it created the pages - but only on that site.

Don't know if that helps, but it was my experience.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

Do you have CustomPress Network activated yet?

If so then you can go to:

Admin --> Network Admin --> CustomPress --> Settings

/wp-admin/network/admin.php?page=cp_main

Then enable and check:

If you enable this option, sub-sites on your network will be able to define their own content types. If this option is not enabled ( default ) all sites on your network will be forced to use the network-wide content types defined by you, the Super Admin.

Display the network-wide content types on sub-sites.

You can deactivate CustomPress then and the settings can be used from the site you activate Directory on.

Take care.

• positively network

There is no custom press option in my network menu. When you ask if I have activated it yet, how do I do that? By selecting/activating the directory plug in network wide? Then deactivate from network? Does this create directory pages on the sub sites?
    I just noticed that there is now a message about classifieds and the directory. In my directory sub site I see that i have custom press in my menu, likely from the classifieds which has been deactivated. I don't need the classifeds now so should I delete the classifieds? ( best way to do that?)

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

There is no custom press option in my network menu. When you ask if I have activated it yet, how do I do that?

Some people use this before Directory. Directory is based upon that and currently its either one or the other, although our developer is working to change this.

When Directory is installed you should see CustomPress in the site it is activated.

So if enabled you will see:

Admin --> CustomPress --> Settings

Please also ensure you are using the most current release of Directory.

You can then see if the taxonomy is in there?

Let me know.

• positively network

"some people use "this" before directory ( what? the classifed plug in)

Confirming that the classifieds and directory cannot be used together?

On the sub site with directory installed, yes there is custom press in the menu but no taxonomy option ( I understand that the directory needs to be activated site wide for this to show up in the network menu, but the issue of network activating creates sub pages on all other sub sites?)
    If I deleate the classified plug in will there be any left over issues in the data base etc..

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

"some people use "this" before directory ( what? the classifed plug in)

CustomPress

Confirming that the classifieds and directory cannot be used together?

They will be soon, our developer is working to correct this.

You should be able to remove the classified plugin but the post type will remain.

Would you like me to take a look?

Take care.

• LubyG
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hey Timothy, I might take your help. I don't have a clue. I'm running a Network.

Looked to see when this plugin came out. November 2010 till now is a long time to be plagued with all the bugs.

How much do you charge?

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.