Inventory problem in marketpress

Hi,
I'm having some trouble with the inventory feature in marketpress. After reading in the forum I see that others have found some bugs in this area and that it is being "worked on". I would like to report my version of the problem and find out where we are at with getting this fixed.
My products are often unique and often there are only a few available. They also sell out almost every year. Because they are plants the grow and then there will be more available next year so I do want to keep the sold out products active. I do not want to take orders on items that I am out of because I don't know if I will have them next year or not.
I also sell my products locally so I need to update my inventory from time to time manually.
When I update manually the system seems to accept the change, but the changes do not show up in the dashboard. The old inventory levels are still displayed there. When I set inventory to zero it should say that it is sold out but instead the front end displays a message that there is one in stock but won't let the person buy it. This causes me to get phone calls from anoyed customers that don't understand why they can't buy the product.
I am not very good with changing the code and doing work arounds. Can you please let me know if there is anything that is relatively easy that I can do to fix this. Please let me know when you think a fix will be expected.
I will go back to the dashboard and grant access to my site.
Thank you,
Catrina

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Catrina,
    Hope you are doing good today!

Yes, I could replicate this issue on my own site too. But I can see our awesome developer Panos already provided a patch with this bug fixed. I applied it and it worked fine for me.

Please follow the simple steps below to apply the fix (seriously you don't need to be code expert).

1. First download the attach files from this reply.

2. Extract these files on your computer.

3. Connect with your server via FTP or FileManager of cPanel.

4. Navigate to following location.
    yourwordpresspath/wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/

5. Rename these existing files class-mp-order.php and class-mp-product.php to backup-class-mp-order.php and backup-class-mp-product.php (this is to ensure that if something went wrong then you can restore to previous files by just removing the word backup from both files).

6. Now upload the download files to this location.

7. Done.

After applying the patch, then try to add a product into to cart and lets see if it makes any difference.

Hope that helps! Feel free to post a reply if you need further assistance :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
    Sajid

• Catrina
    • Flash Drive

Okay, I renamed the origional files as suggested and uploaded the new ones.
    This change did allow products that are sold out to show as sold out when the page is viewed.
    Inventory on the products page does not update. You still have to open each product to see what the inventory is set at. Also I cannot add any products to my cart now. It doesn't matter if products are set at 0, 1, 2 or any larger number when you click add to cart the cart remains empty.
    Thanks,
    Cathy

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Catrina , I hope you are doing well today!

I can replicate the issue with the inventory and products not added to a cart and I have informed the developer about it.

In the meantime please restore the previous files - delete the once that you downloaded and rename the :

backup-class-mp-order.php
    backup-class-mp-product.php

Back to:

class-mp-order.php
    class-mp-product.php

Thank you.

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Nastia
    • Support Rock Star

Hello Catrina, I hope you are doing well today!

The developer provided a new fix, I have attached the file in this thread. Please keep the original class-mp-product.php file and upload/replace the class-mp-order.php to the following path:

wp-content/plugins/marketpress/includes/common/

If you still having issues, please send to us your credentials:

Select “?have a different question?" for your topic - this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Nastia"
    - WordPress admin username
    - WordPress admin password
    - login URL
    - FTP credentials (host/username/password)
    - link back to this thread for reference https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/inventory-problem-in-marketpress
    - any other relevant URLs

You can send that privately through our contact form: https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Kind Regards,
    Nastia

• Paulhj
    • Flash Drive

Hello,
    I seem to be having a similar problem with Market Press Version 3.1.1 .
    All of our products are unique so we only have 1 of each product.
    When I set the Track Product Inventory - Quantity 1 you cannot purchase the product on the site.
    Displayed on the site above Quantity :
    We're sorry, we only have 1 of this item in stock right now.
    http://www.designsbytamerah.com/store/products/double-sink-bamboo-bathroom-vanity/
    Please help.
    Paul

• Sajid
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hi Paulhj,

Hope you are doing good today :slight_smile:

I know there were issue with the inventory items and our developers have provided this patch. Did you applied the above patch ?

If you applied the patch and its still not working then please create your own thread and enable support staff access so we can further troubleshoot this issue. To grant support staff access go to WPMUDEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access or see this manual.

Take care and have a nice day :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Sajid

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.