Invite code membership website

There would be 2 level of users – Customers & Distributors. The registration would be 100% FREE but restricted based upon the ‘invite code’ as generated by the admin & distributors respectively.

1. Invitation code will be shared with DISTRIBUTORS using social media. I see there’s option of ‘invitation code’ on your plugin. On admin side, do I get to see detailed stats – number of times a code has been used, validity date, etc. ?

Also is it possible to register people to specific membership level, in my case - Invite code generated by
a. Admin—> registers for Distributor membership level Invite code generated by
b. Distributor—> registers for Customer membership level
Customers won't invite anyone.

2. Once Distributors logs in to their account, they should be able to generate ‘invite codes’ and send them to CUSTOMERS. The option to invite users should be applicable only to Distributors account, not the customers.

3. Further, I need pages & post restriction based upon the level of users.

4. I need menu to switch based upon the level of membership logging in to the website.

5. The search functionality should only display results based upon the level of user logged in to website. For example – if a Customer searches for “how to gain confidence” on search bar, the search results will only display results (posts) that are meant to be viewed by Customer level of users.

• iacume

I just setup 2 membership levels (Distributor & Customer) and created Invitation code to be used for Distributor signup. It worked! It registered me for distributor account.

- Is it possible to show Invite code box on same page where email address & password is entered?

- Is it possible for Distributor (a specific member level) to somehow create his own invitation code and share with customers (another membership level), so that they can join the website using the invite code as shared by the distributor?
    -- I was hoping you could suggest some plugin. or perhaps install easy invite code plugin & somehow hook it up with customer capability/membership level so that the invitation code generation works for the distributor level of membership.

- Can I create page which allows to signup/register for just 1 level of membership? Any shortcode?

• Rupok

Hi iacume,

On admin side, do I get to see detailed stats – number of times a code has been used, validity date, etc. ?

Yes. When you activate "Invitation Codes" addon, and then create Invitation code by going to "Dashboard > Membership 2 > Invitation Codes" section, after creating the code, you will be able to see the Start Date, Expiry date, Which Membership it's assigned to, Number of Times used, and remaining usage count.

is it possible to register people to specific membership level

While creating the Invitation code, you can define for which membership plan this invitation code will work. So if your visitors have a coupon for "membership one", they can only sign up for "membership one" with that invitation code.

Or if you meant, if you can show signup form for any specific membership instead of showing the user all available memberships, then you can use the following shortcode:
    [ms-membership-buy id="5" label="Buy now!"]
    Please replace "5" with your target membership ID. This shortcode will display a button to buy/sign-up for the specified membership.

Once Distributors logs in to their account, they should be able to generate ‘invite codes’ and send them to CUSTOMERS

I'm afraid, only users who have enough capability to change Membership plugin settings will be able to create invitation codes.

I need pages & post restriction based upon the level of users

This is the main purpose of Membership 2 Pro plugin. You can easily restrict access to pages and posts based on membership by going to "Dashboard > Membership 2 > Protection Rules" section. You will also be able to protect pages in the page editor page. Please check the attached screenshot for reference.

For protecting individual posts, you will need to enable the "Individual Posts" addon from "Dashboard > Membership 2 > Add-ons" section.

I need menu to switch based upon the level of membership logging in to the website

Possible. You will need to enable "Advanced menu protection" add-on. After enabling, you can protect menu in three ways: Protect individual Menu-Items, replace the contents of WordPress Menu-Locations or replace each Menu individually. To protect, go to "Dashboard > Membership 2 > Protection Rules > Menu Items" section.

The search functionality should only display results based upon the level of user logged in to website

This will happen by default. A user can only see those posts/pages in the search result which he has access to.

Is it possible to show Invite code box on same page where email address & password is entered?

Did you mean to show the invite code box on the registration page where people enter their email and password to signup? I'm afraid, this is not possible out of the box, and will require advanced custom coding. If this could be done in 5 -10 minutes, I'd be glad to do this for you, but I think, this will take more than that which makes it a custom development task which is beyond our support scope.

Is it possible for Distributor (a specific member level) to somehow create his own invitation code and share with customers (another membership level), so that they can join the website using the invite code as shared by the distributor?... ... ... I was hoping you could suggest some plugin. or perhaps install easy invite code plugin & somehow hook it up with customer capability/membership level so that the invitation code generation works for the distributor level of membership

I really wish I could suggest you any plugin which you can easily integrate with Membership for invitation code generation, but I'm afraid, only users who can create new membership on your site, will be able to create new invitation codes, but normal users from any membership level can't create invitation code for other membership plans yet. However, if you want, I can move this ticket to our Features and Feedback section. More people liking this idea, more chances our developers will work on this and will include this feature in our future releases.

Please let us know if you have any confusion or any further query or if I missed anything. We will be glad to help further.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• iacume

Thanks for the prompt reply. YES Please move this to Features & Feedback section. This is really easy to understand membership plugin I've come across. This feature could really be helpful to clients who are working with MLM products & services.

My client is basically a start-up MLM services provider & he wishes to offer different content for Customers (case studies, offers, etc) & Distributors (tutorials, product info, etc).

Anyhow, I'm going to cancel my account for now. I'd like to be notified though when this is included in the list of features (additional add-on) in future, hopefully soon..
    Good Day!

• Nithin

Hi iacume,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

2. Specify the level of users who can create invite code. This should not be open for everyone.

Only Admins can create invite code by default, it won't be open for every user out of the box. You'll have to create new roles using User Role Editor plugin, with custom capabilities so that only specify users assigned to that specific roles can only create invite code, however they will have access to other setting pages in Membership 2 plugin, other than that it'll require custom coding. I do understand you want this to be a feature request, just thought to share the workaround.

3. Option to create multiple invite codes (enter custom text as code, validity date).

When you create a invite, the invitation code is auto generated, however you can edit the auto generated code to a custom text, and the invite should still work. However, there isn't any out of the box setting for validity date, so this might fit in feature request too.

Thank you for submitting additional feature request, I'm moving the thread to Features and Feedback section, the more members +1s this thread, and supports your feature request, the more it'll be considered for implementation.

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

• iacume

2. Specify the level of users who can create invite code. This should not be open for everyone.

I did tried to accomplish this using User Role Editor plugin. But I couldn't assign a level of users to that specific role who could exclusively create invite code. Under add-on option I activated the 'user capability' feature yet I could not do much with this.

INVITE CODE feature is very essential for companies who are into multi-level marketing. This feature is essential when you are into training multiple number of users at once, working with several team leaders; but at the same time you do not want anyone to join the team training membership. So these invite code comes handy to restrict the uninvited people.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.